Saw Iron Maiden, the world's greatest band last night

Janx

• Members

Saw Iron Maiden at Houston's Cyntha Mitchell Pavillion in The Woodlands last night

Steve Harris's daughter Lauren was the opening act. She was alright. Her best songs were the last 2.

It was an open air venue, really hot and humid.

Maiden came out with the full line-up 3 guitarists, bassist, Bruce, and Nicko behind the largest drum kit I'd ever seen.

They had the egyptian set, which was really nice. Side effect was, the framework surrounded Nicko so much, that with his mega-drumkit, you couldn't see him at all.

Guitar playing was awesome, vocals were awesome. Bass was awesome. Drums were awesome.

Did I mention that this band is awesome.

The stage was huge, despite having 4 axemen, they looked sparse on stage.

They traded off solo bits, so it went pretty smoothly.

Bruce was all over the stage, as usual.

great show. 30 years, and still this band rocks.

• Members

My dream is to see a triple bill of Saxon, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

That would be
NWOBHM
heaven.

I saw Saxon open for Judas Priest when I was in High School in Germany. It was an awesome show. That was probably about 1980. Around the same time I saw an unheard of band called Iron Maiden open for Kiss. I ended up seeing Iron Maiden again a short time later, but both shows were pre-Dickinson.

• Members

i had tickets to see maiden during the powerslave tour in mid 80's at madison square garden... but on the day of the show bruce dickinson had a fever and the show was canceled.

fast forward 20 years, finally got to see them... at MSG! it was worth the wait! awesome show!!!

-PJ

• Members

Nice! I have great seats for Edmonton. I seen them in hmmm was it 83 when they opened for The Scorpions, on their Beast tour. Seen Powerslave and the Somewhere in Time tour! I haven't been the biggest fan since 7th son of a 7th son but I'm really looking forward to the show!!!!

• Members

Sweet!

Did Eddie make an appearance??????

they had the giant mobile eddie from somewhere in time. Thing was huge, and it walked around, hassling the guitarists.

They also had the pharoah's sculpture eddie, which split to reveal the giant mummy eddie inside. Those were suspended over the band.

• Members

Congrats. I've never seen Maiden live, but I'd like to. I think it was the Allman Brothers who first said "never trust any band under 30."

That's funny, because I swear that the driving force behind this band died at 24...

• Members

I am going to see them in a couple of weeks in Philly. I wasn't too happy with the set list but I guess I can't complain. I just would like to see more songs off Killers and their first release. And it doesn't matter that Bruce wasn't on those albums. I am very excited to see them though. I am glad the feedback was good.

• Members

If you recall: how long did the opening act play? What was Maiden's set list? Encores? My wife and I are going this Saturday in LA.

Lauren played about 7 songs, pretty short (don't quote me that). Then there was a break while they cleaned up, and I assume more prep was going on. then maiden started

the set list was similar to the Powerslave tour/ Live After Death cd.

from wikipedia (which if I recall is what they played in the right order)

Intro. Churchill's Speech

"Aces High" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"2 Minutes to Midnight" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"Revelations" (From Piece of Mind, 1983)

"The Trooper" (From Piece of Mind, 1983)

"Wasted Years" (From Somewhere in Time, 1986)

"The Number of The Beast" (From The Number of the Beast, 1982)

"Can I Play with Madness" (From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"Powerslave" (From Powerslave, 1984)

"Heaven Can Wait" (From Somewhere in Time, 1986)

"Run to the Hills" (From The Number of the Beast, 1982)

"Fear of The Dark" (From Fear of The Dark, 1992)

"Iron Maiden" (From Iron Maiden, 1980)

Encore:

"Moonchild" (From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"The Clairvoyant" (From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"Hallowed Be Thy Name" (From The Number of the Beast, 1982)

• Members

Is 'Arry's daughter going to open for them on all their show? I'm gonna see them on Tuesday upcoming, the last of 5 concerts within 4 weeks. That set list looks like a classic, and I am looking forward to their show for sure.

Archived