Keyboardists! What Are Ya Playing?

ggm1960

• Members
The advantage I see for me is that I just take my module rack home from the gigs and leave my amp, keyboards in hard-shell cases and stands (the big stuff) in the band trailer. I hook up to my other Studiologic SL880Pro at home and I can practice with my live rig.

I like that idea. Welcome to the forums BTW.

I can tell we need to start posting some photos soon.:)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes this was also recommended by some and is true for any of the workstation keyboards (including the TR88 which is currently sitting next to me in a box) but the information I was able to assemble through forums and manual reading indicated that the sequences can't be saved in the unit and need to be loaded in before every performance. Actually I can't remember if that was true for the ES unit or not anymore.

The "loading" comes from a USB flash stick...it only takes a few seconds.

Since you're not recording any actual sequence info, and simply the patch data, you could load up to 64 sequence "scenes" prior to your performance.

That would probably get you through the night, easily.

That limited amount of info wouldn't even make a dent in a 512k drive - which you can buy for about five bucks, now.

I put a small piece of velcro on the flash stick, and it's mate in the little recessed place below the screen so I won't lose it.

I also have a backup in my gigbag.

• Members

BTW I showed my *ss on the KSS ("official" HC Keyboard forum.) I said KSS was not about music, but about social networking for dweebs and that anybody wanting substantive discussions about keyboards in live performance would have to get it at BSWTB.

PFC,

You, I and Outkaster are all defectors!!:poke::thu:

• Members

That limited amount of info wouldn't even make a dent in a 512k drive - which you can buy for about five bucks, now.

I put a small piece of velcro on the flash stick, and it's mate in the little recessed place below the screen so I won't lose it.

I also have a backup in my gigbag.

Just the day before yesterday I received a 16 gig Kingston Data Traveler flash drive. A CD's worth of mp3 files didn't even put a dent in it!

Archived