HC reviews

Kramerguy

• Members

I have submitted several reviews in the last month or so, and none of them got posted.

They were all fairly middle of the road, listing the good and bad points of the gear in question, no bad language, no crazy ass-kissing or bagging on {censored}.

Maybe they are just being slow lately...

:poke:

• Members

Getting back to the topic..

I think what I was trying to say is that when I go to other sites like samedaymusic, they also sell everything under the sun, but their reviews seem to be much more diverse, and if a product sucks, there will be reviews to reflect that. I've been submitting and using HC reviews, as an effort to support my community (I spend a lot of time on HC and most of the folks here are very wise), and I think that the review system is not diverse, I think because it's all owned by MF(?still) that they want all the reviews to be on the upswing.

It could just be me.. but something is certainly amiss, I see a lot more reliable and diverse reviews elsewhere.

• Members
The reviews are good to read if you want to feel good about an amp you already purchased.
;)

Thats pretty much the best summation.

If I have noticed one thing about musical equipment its that no matter what kind of piece of {censored} amp/guitar/PA/bass you have there exists SOME moron who thinks its the most incredible instrument of all time and it sounded BETTER than X piece of gear that he played in guitar center which cost 10 times the price.

• Members

If I have noticed one thing about musical equipment its that no matter what kind of piece of {censored} amp/guitar/PA/bass you have there exists SOME moron who thinks its the most incredible instrument of all time and it sounded BETTER than X piece of gear that he played in guitar center which cost 10 times the price.

Usually the same guy playing 50 decibels too loud when you are walking around, wondering how in the hell that guy can play so loud in public and not realize how god-awful he sounds. :facepalm:

• Members

And that's just the thing. How is it that Marshall's MGDFX100 head, which is probably the most god-awful piece of crap ever to come out of that company, getting an average of 7.5?? Any other review site clearly shows a lot of negative reviews, but not here.

The key to reviews is to get EVERY perspective, as much the intermediate and beginner players as the 'tube snobs' and everyone in-between. That's why we comment on each scored item, so we can get a feel for who is reviewing it and what level of player they are, and also what expectations they had when buying it.

Kind of works against the whole process when only the positive reviews get posted.

I dunno, I've looked at plenty of used gear in the HC reviews that have {censored}ty scores :idk:

Subjectiveness is the reason why I hit HC and then hit google to see if it all lines up. Nothing really beats playing it in person, of course. I've played amps that got middling reviews from a variety of places when I really liked what I heard coming out of them in person. I've heard MG's that sound much better than many amps, for example.

• Members

+1 Truer words have never been spoken. :lol:

Archived