Rock & Roll at 6:30am

kurfu

• Members

We played at a 5K Fun Run for Special Olympics on Saturday 7/4... Set-up was at 5AM, first set was 6:30AM to 7:30AM, followed by a 20 minute break while the did the run, and then another hour of music while all of the runners came back in.

Never played a set that early in the morning before, but it was fun, and everyone appreciated the music to help get everybody moving.

Link goes to slide-show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17218112@N00/sets/72157620949633692/show/

• Members

A radio station here in town used to sponsor a happy hour for people that worked third shift... they'd get a bar to open at 6am Friday morning, and broadcast the morning drive time show live from the bar. I played a few of those. The third shift people were really appreciative to have a place to go after work with drinks and music.

• Members

we did an outside run gig the last 2 years in October.

The first year they didn't have us start playing until the race was finished AND the awards were given out. We played to like 5 people... last year we had a gig the night before and started playing around 8:30am (before the race) and then another set around 11:00am (before the awards).

I'm kind of glad we aren't doing it this year.

• Members

we did an outside run gig the last 2 years in October.

October? heh... I'm in Houston... In July... We started sweating before the sun even came up, and by 10am when we had finished loading out, I felt like I was about to have a heat-stroke. :cool:

• Members

I'm in PA and the first year we did it... wow was it cold.

the 2nd year it was pretty nice but we were all tired, getting in from the night before @ about 3am and getting to the gig the next morning for about 7am.

• Members

October? heh... I'm in Houston... In July... We started sweating before the sun even came up, and by 10am when we had finished loading out, I felt like I was about to have a heat-stroke.
:cool:

No wonder they wanted to do it so early!

• Members

No wonder they wanted to do it so early!

Yep... Take a look at the pictures.... I'm the big guy playing bass with massive sweat-stains on my tee-shirt... had to be close to 100 with major humidity... this was all before 9am. :eek:

Archived