Ever have a band member that's too controlling?

• Members

The funny thing is that I was so surprised and incredulous that he was doing it that I honestly couldn't react, it was kinda like one of those "is this really happening?" moments. Seriously, it didn't even register at first. Looking back you're absolutely right but at the time I was just so stunned that like I said it didn't really register what was happening.

Yeah, I know how that goes. I've had my ex bass player do or say things to me that I wasn't expecting and it was such a surprise that I really didn't know what to say or do until it registered a few hours later, and by that time it was too late to call him out on it.

It would have been funny if you were on a stage to put your foot on his backside and just boot him off the stage. Right in front of everybody. It would have made him look like the ass clown that he is. :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bull{censored}.

This isn't a "music" issue: it's a management/team issue.

These things can be resolved if all parties are intelligent, well grounded, and share the same common goal.

I agree. I think there's a right way and a wrong way to give opinions.

Some people can't be told a damn thing; others are open to the fact that they might not be perfect. But regardless of that, if someone's being a dick about it, no one's going to be receptive.

The {censored} side of that is, I find myself NOT saying things when I should. For example, we had a situation where one of the guys was getting way too plastered and f*cking up 1/2 the show cause he could barely stand up. I haven't said anything yet and everyone expecting ME to be the one to drop the hammer on everything. It gets tiring having to always be the bad guy.

Archived