Who are you advertising for?

J.Paul

• Members

The logos on my keys themselves (Yamaha and Roland) are the only logos of any real size that are legible from any real distance. Everything else is tiny and are what I'd consider to be legible only upon closer inspection.

Given that virtually anything and everything on the the market today bears something that identifies the manufacturer - I don't interpret not covering such identifiers to mean that I'm overtly advertising on behalf of the makers of the products I use.

• Members

I suppose I should have titled this thread

"Who are you unwillingly advertising for"

it would be cool if we lived in a world where you could send in photos of you playing live with a product and the company gives you a little something for it. :idk:

• Members

A guy that I used to play in a band with would find all sorts of incongruous logos and attach them to the front of his Laney 2x12 cab... Ford, Wheaties, Jose Cuervo, Frigidaire, Lysol, Sony, Rolling Stones "lips", Kotex, Oscar Meyer, Peterbilt...it was pretty amusing.

• Members

I suppose I should have titled this thread

"Who are you unwillingly advertising for"

Oh yeah, forgot about the amplifier stands, guitar stands, mic stands, microphones, and other assorted crap.

If the logo was incredibly large, glaring and annoying, I'd probably tape it up just so I wouldn't have to look at it all night. Otherwise, I use mostly On-Stage Stands for the amp stand and mic stands (although I have an Atlas Sound chrome mic stand I have used from time to time) and some Musician's Friend guitar stands. People can't really see the logo from how I position the guitar stands, though.

I don't mind if people know that I use an Electro-Voice microphone as opposed to an SM-58. It's fairly obvious that it's not a 58 from the way it looks and if people happen to ask me why I don't use one, I'd just tell them, "I prefer the sound of this one."

• Members

A guy that I used to play in a band with would find all sorts of incongruous logos and attach them to the front of his Laney 2x12 cab... Ford, Wheaties, Jose Cuervo, Frigidaire, Lysol, Sony, Rolling Stones "lips", Kotex, Oscar Meyer, Peterbilt...it was pretty amusing.

LOL

thats great

I've got a "Leslie" logo mounted ob my guitar rack

(but I'm not using it live at the moment)

• Members

Take note this weekend of what else you guys are allowing to be promoted on your stages this weekend when you're playing.

(TrickyBoy is that a Budweiser mirror in your signature?)

We're playing with Arron Lewis/Stained this weekend. I wonder if the stuff that is readily readable (lol) from the audience is only the endorsed stuff. I'm guessing that (since they're a "national act") random "Wedgie"/"On Stage Stand"/"Ernie Ball" accessory type of BS is not haphazardly displayed.

Just curious. Full report on Monday.

• Members

Take note this weekend of what else you guys are allowing to be promoted on your stages this weekend when you're playing.

(TrickyBoy is that a Budweiser mirror in your signature?)

We're playing with Arron Lewis/Stained this weekend. I wonder if the stuff that is readily readable (lol) from the audience is only the endorsed stuff. I'm guessing that (since they're a "national act") random "Wedgie"/"On Stage Stand"/"Ernie Ball" accessory type of BS is not haphazardly displayed.

Just curious. Full report on Monday.

I didn't notice anything in his set or on his stage. He played solo w/out Stained or a band so there was significantly less gear and production.

I'll need to add "Whirlwind" to my list of logos that are displayed (we have a stage right snake and a stage left stage that are usually visible).

• Members

on our stage the logos are:

Mine

Gibson

Fender

Epiphone

Marshall

Other guitarist - band one

Gibson

Marshall

Other guitarist - band two

Fender

Mesa/Boogie

Bassist

Spector

Peavey

Drummer

Canwood

Sabian

Zildian

plus our own logo is on our banner behind us.

(I didn't include any of the FX pedal logos as no one can see them behind our monitors)

• Members

Strictly "name" visible to the audience:

Epiphone

Ibanez

Mapex

Gibralter

Randall

Agile

Acoustic

DC Shoes

Converse

That's pretty much it. I didn't count cymbals b/c who can see that? Or drumsticks or picks or stands (they all look the same).

We really try hard not to endorse labels or logos on stage for a reason. Unless they're paying us or we REALLY believe in their product (like another local band) we ain't doin it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought this thread had died but it seems I'm finding more and more of these sneaky logos that I am advertising for (and paying to do so).....and so are you.

How about guitar straps?

I didn't even think about it until now...

got an acoustic set at The Rurtherford tonight,

picked up my acoustic and noticed the glaring shiny gold

"Corner Music Nashville" logo on the end of my strap.

None of you use "Levy's" (or one of the other strap and accessory co.)?

Archived