Selling tickets?

austikins

• Members

Just say no.

Was gonna leave it at that, but my perspectve-- I've put in a lot of time and effort gettinga tight professional unit. I have a list of people who come to see us regularly who are notified of our monthly schedule and before jobs that are in their locale. There are three public radio stations and two newspapers that will put us in the "Who's appearing where" spaces. Play a free show a couple times a year that keeps us played regularly on local cable. I try to get out to open mikes, music stores, any music events, just schmoozing, showing the flag. Yeah, I'm promoting my band, but also the clubs we play. So I think we do enough to get our people through the door without being asked to sell tickets too. Next they'll want bands to wait tables on breaks.

• Members

did i read the OP right? you get to keep 75% of the sales and it doesn't matter whether you sell them or not?

i don't see how even the laziest just-say-no-to-P2Per would consider this a bad deal. so you don't like selling tickets? pay someone else to do it! or sell them at cost and break even! i'd probably give you the $1.25 even if i knew i wasn't going to the show. i find more change in the dryer each week!

Archived