First Time For Everything

ski219

• Members

Well the first time for 3 things for me anyway.

This past Friday I played my first NYC gig ever at a place called The National on Houston Street in the village - have another coming up next weekend at a club called Kenny's Castaways on Bleeker St.

It was also the first time I played through a venue supplied amp.

And finally, it was the first time I ever fried an amp at a gig.

Gig was fun and went great though. The amp, a little Fender Blues Jr. fried near the end of our 4th song. Completely dead, lights out, smell of burning electrics... though it may have just been a fuse. Luckily, there was another one on stage that I quickly replaced it with. The sound guy came up to me later and apologized. I thought he would be pissed off and I guess he thought I might be but it was not a big deal.

Here's a link to our EPK if anyone's interested.

http://www.powerpresskits.com/PPKs/indexC.aspx?PPK=7389

• Members

I like your stuff,, sounds nicely done. I'd like a little more harmony but maybe I just need to listen to a few more. Whats the effect on the guitar solo on "Writing on her ghost".. Is that a backwards delay or something ?? .. sounds cool

• Members

I fried a tube in my HRD at a gig, the first time in 10 years of gigging with it it ever quit. Luckily I had a Digitech RP100 efx pedal I could plug right into the PA and finish out the night.

I really like your band and your songs. Well done!

• Members

I like your stuff,, sounds nicely done. I'd like a little more harmony but maybe I just need to listen to a few more. Whats the effect on the guitar solo on "Writing on her ghost".. Is that a backwards delay or something ?? .. sounds cool

Exactly, reverse delay.

Archived