Almost speechless

Kramerguy

• Members

I dunno man. First knee jerk, yeah I can see where it looks a little cold and wtf. But, the shock of loss and grieving process doesn't lessen the many associated medical bills that have to be paid. Not saying that's the reason, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Members

It's depressing.

I don't fault the guy for trying to make money...having a child with a catastrophic illness will drain the bank balance of the majority of people. But the ad is pharased, shall we say, inelegantly.

I think that's it.. the last part "Thanks for Bidding!" just really drove it home, and had me wondering if the whole thing isn't a scam. Very poorly written.

As the parent of a special needs kid, yeah, $$ is tough, but I don't think I'd sell the guitar by even mentioning how I got it, other than "thru a charity" maybe..

• Members

I'm not even sure why this bothers me, but it just has me at
:eek:
and
:facepalm:

Just comes off as horrible to me, you decide.

http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/2832373651.html

Possibly because the seller could be lying through his teeth? (or computer in this case.) Doesn't $6500 sound like quite a bit for that guitar, even if his story is true and verifiable? (I'm not a guitarist, so it just seems pricy.)

• Members

:facepalm:

If its true, he could've simply stated what the instrument is, who it belonged to, and that it was autographed.

As it stands you can either take him as a seller w/ zero sales skills. Or he basically pasted his Ebay ad on Craigslist after it, go figure!, failed to sell on Ebay.

EIther way, dude's toying with kharmic retribution.

Archived