Girlfight...

• Members

A year or so ago, we were playing a club in a downtown strip area, where there are several clubs within a block or so of each other.

As we're playing, this huge catfight breaks out....probably at least a dozen women involved. It quickly escalated out of control and spilled out into the street, where several cars ended up with huge dents and broken windows, and one car getting its windshield smashed in when a girl was thrown into it head-first.

By the time the smoke cleared, there were probably 15-20 cop cars on the scene along with 3-4 ambulances. They had the entire street shut down in both directions for probably 10 minutes, and were discouraging people from leaving the clubs until everything was sorted out.

Funny how that sort of thing tends to be something of a crowd-killer.

• Members

The calm before the storm.

411363_386859444672728_100000460267436_1

Right in the middle of California Girls in the most unassuming venue ever. At first I thought two girls climbed onstage to dry hump each other. Then I saw fists flying. Some girl had broken glass in her arm, blood was everywhere. I should say ladies. The two women that were involved were over 30. Ahhh it happens. I haven't seen a fight in a long time (2-3 years). At least I got home early.

• Members

since you have videos of everything, please tell me you have a video of this. Even if just for your viewing pleasure. Just golden

About a year ago we were playing in the local university bar downtown. The bar's bouncers are from the Ottawa U football team. In the middle of our second set a group of 10 guys started fighting throwing HEAVY punches. Then the bouncers all rushed in and destroyed the guys fighting. We were playing "Faith" by George Michael, worst song to fight to ever.

• Members

*knock on wood* I don't think a crazy fight has happened at one of our gigs in years... back in the 1st couple years of the band (2002-2004) there was a fight every few gigs! Maybe it's harder to fight when we are playing Good Feeling by Flo Rida than when we are playing Bad Love by Clapton. :lol:

• Members

*knock on wood* I don't think a crazy fight has happened at one of our gigs in years... back in the 1st couple years of the band (2002-2004) there was a fight every few gigs! Maybe it's harder to fight when we are playing Good Feeling by Flo Rida than when we are playing Bad Love by Clapton.
:lol:

Depends on who's singing the Etta James part. :D

• Members

Over 20 years in the hippy band, I think I saw 1 fight, and it was not our mellow regulars involved. With BKS, zero fights. I guess it goes with the age group.

From what I saw, they were too busy having enjoying BKS to have a fight go down. :thu:

• Members

the only important questions is: "did you still get paid the guarantee"?

Of course. We would have been paid the guarantee the 1st song in. ;)

The only time we've renegotiated on pay was this past winter, we were caught with an afternoon storm. Things cleared up by 3-4 pm and at 5pm the bar contacted us to see if we would work a deal if the night was dead. We discussed it and agreed to take 1/2 off the top if the door didn't hit 200 people. Instead only 117 people walked through, so we honored our agreement. The trade off was we only played 2 sets out of 3 and drank on the house. Since we took a cut we asked the agent to make a cut as well and he agreed.

• Members

Sorry no video... pictures maybe. I had just shut off the camera and thought it may be a little pervy and dickish for me to stand as iReporter and record events, especially as some girl is sitting there bleeding through stacks of napkins. Girls Gone Wild though. The narrow shape of the bar and lack of security up front didn't help. Just glad no guys stepped in. That would have started a melee'. ;)

• Members

thought it may be a little pervy and dickish for me to stand as iReporter and record events, especially as some girl is sitting there bleeding through stacks of napkins.

that's how I used to feel daily when I was a news videographer. :lol:

Archived