Cancer

Kramerguy

• Members

Ok, so I know this isn't a forum for this kind of topic, but I figure I've been here for 15 years, time to stick my neck on the chopping block at least once...

I've started biking recently, braved temps in the 20's and high winds in January, and train almost every weekend since, because I signed up to Bike 66 miles from Philly to the Jersey Shore in the annual Bike-a-thon for the American Cancer Society.

My mother was 46 and my brother only 40 when they were taken by cancer, so working towards helping families and finding a cure means a lot to me.

Anyways, I'm here to beg for donations/sponsorship for myself and my team. We are 23 riders strong, and all have a personal interest in helping raise funds.

You have three options:

*Donate directly

*Buy some PartyLite Candles for $20, where $10 from every $20 order will go towards the charity

*Dont donate and move along

Here's the links:

to donate directly, go here:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/CommunityFundraisingPages/CFPFY10Pennsylvania?px=26063762&pg=personal&fr_id=41667

To buy candles, I will link the catalog and order form. You will need to place the order directly thru me- fill out order form, mail me order and check, PM me for address. I will pay the shipping to send the candles to you when the orders are filled.

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/951318e8b7f97324d5ea429ea/files/WS12_Fundraising_Brochure.pdf

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/951318e8b7f97324d5ea429ea/files/WS12_Fundraising_Order_Form.pdf

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks anyone who helps out!

• Members

Best of luck to you, and thanks.

It's been 53 weeks to the day since my Dad passed. Every charity event I'm involved in going back several years, when possible, I make sure funds get directed to ACS, including the big event my side project does each December, which we dedicated in his memory.

• Members

As Christopher Cross would say... "Ride Like The Wind". Best of luck man!

In May, I'll be 2 years off chemo. Feeling better everyday but initial recovery is always worse than the initial treatments. For me at least. I've said many times, if this country wanted to enact cruel and unusual punishment toward enemies of the state they wouldn't consider water boarding or other controversial forms of borderline torture... they would just prescribe a years worth of weekly Folfax 6 treatments.

• Members

As yet another who lives paycheck to paycheck, I have no sponsorship money, but I DO offer my bands services any time I get a chance for anything cancer related. My wife is a breast cancer survivor.

With that said, I'll just wish you luck!

• Members

As a fellow guitarist...IMG_1219_Ashley_Browns_conflicted_copy_2

and cyclist....

Finishline-1.jpg

...and husband of a wife who survived breast cancer (the whole surgery/chemo/radiation deal), and son of a mother who died of lymphoma in 2010,

I will be happy to donate to your cause.

• Members

RR you rule! Thanks! I will make sure to resurrect this thread and post some pics after it's over (July 8th). FWIW, This is all new to me- I just started biking again last winter (yeah, I'm nuts!), and I'm at a new job where we are all about natural foods, exercise, and charities. We do so many charity fundraisers it could make your head spin, but this one, and the Komen 'race for the cure' are the first two (ever) that I'm actually participating in. It's really a rush, and it feels good to do something to help instead of just sitting around being helpless.

Archived