I have to clean the practice space today

• Members

Our practice space is in an old garage converted to a studio behind the bass players house which he graciously lets us use for free. Lately it's just becoming a mess of crap all over the place. Cables everywhere, PA gear everywhere, bass rigs everywhere...:lol:

So I freaked at the last practice saying I was gonna come over on Saturday (today) to clean up the place since I just cannot stand the clutter and mess. I was sorta half joking however I get an email last night from the bass player wondering what time I was coming over to clean the space up...LMAO!! :lol:

That kinda blew up in my face....:facepalm:

• Members

... I was sorta half joking however I get an email last night from the bass player wondering what time I was coming over to clean the space up...LMAO!!
:lol:

That kinda blew up in my face....
:facepalm:

Look on the bright side - at least you'll have a space that is neat and clean. I'm not a clean freak by any stretch - but gotta say that when my home rehearsal area gets too messy - it's a minor annoyance. I always feel more motivated (disciplined?) about play when room is relatively neat and more or less clean.

I feel the same way about setup at gigs. I hate when our setup is sloppy at a gig. I have very specific ways I like cables routed, etc. Those gigs when guys are uber-rushed during setup and "home run" cables through the middle of the stage area so that they're in our feet all night long really bug me!

Archived