Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Members

Terry,

What an awesome story!

I'm an avid reader and I think one of the common traits my favorite authors share is the ability to develop the characters to the point where we become emotionally involved with them, whether that's love, hate, loathing, etc.

You did a great job of character development and for me that goes beyond just a physical description of their appearance, or the surroundings they live in.

For me when it's done well, I can see them in my minds eye, they become real to me. An added bonus is that you did it very quickly. A lot of published authors are slow when it comes to developing the main characters, a third of the way through the book you still can't make a connection with them.

You tell a great story, I got choked up more than once when reading it. I also got a little angry at a couple of points too.

Thanks for taking the time to write it and post it. I really enjoyed it!thumb.gif

-Jeff

• Moderators
Originally posted by Marlin in Minn
Terry,

What an awesome story!

I'm an avid reader and I think one of the common traits my favorite authors share is the ability to develop the characters to the point where we become emotionally involved with them, whether that's love, hate, loathing, etc.

You did a great job of character development and for me that goes beyond just a physical description of their appearance, or the surroundings they live in.

For me when it's done well, I can see them in my minds eye, they become real to me. An added bonus is that you did it very quickly. A lot of published authors are slow when it comes to developing the main characters, a third of the way through the book you still can't make a connection with them.

You tell a great story, I got choked up more than once when reading it. I also got a little angry at a couple of points too.

Thanks for taking the time to write it and post it. I really enjoyed it!thumb.gif

-Jeff
Jeff -

Thanks so much for the kind words. It means a great deal to me that I was able to connect with you and all the others who have taken the time to comment on this thread. smile.gif

Many times while writing the story I became concerned that the style I was using was too terse and too first person. Ultimately, I decided the story (which really happened exactly as written) was compelling enough without any amateurish attempts on my part to embellish it. I'm so pleased that apparently I was able to stay out of the way of the story in the process of telling it.

I wrote this primarily to get it off my chest, but I'm happy that it resonated with some of the readers' own experiences. smile.gif

Thanks again,

Terry D.

• Members
real

Very true Terry and that is part of the reason your story is so well received. People like stories that are more like real life than unrealistic fairy tales. By the way, someone posted part of your story at another BB and everyone loved it. That's where I read it first. She only posted the first four segments then posted the link to the rest of the story that included all the other parts.

Here are some comments from the readers at the other BB:

Whoa ~ that's nice writing and hot

Those are interesting..I want to know more about Gail and what happened. I liked the part about the ritual and making love out of a **ck.

This is truly amazing

HEy! Where is the rest, now you have me addicted!

I read through his original thread, the story is actually true and he married the girl who showed up on NYE.

He's a very good writer. Thanks for posting that.

• Members
Please provide a link.
For some reason a link isn't working. It could be because of EZboard, I'm not sure but I'll just post the responses. Please don't be upset but I posted Kitty's response. It seems like you're not really ticked off about it and I thought it was a real blast from the past.

thCorvette.gif
From The Pit:

> The Pit
> Some interesting reading (Band related)

Author Comment
katygal

(2/3/06 2:34 pm)
ezSupporter

Some interesting reading (Band related)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MrKnobs Stories
Part I. Dry Humping in a fairy costume

Terry D.

cornflower6911

(2/3/06 2:54 pm)
Reply Re: Some interesting reading (Band related)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
After the show, I was still thinking about that hot almost-sex in the truck, still feeling her touch and smelling her perfume on me

Whoa ~ that's nice writing and hot

Found My Soul

(2/3/06 3:08 pm)
Re: Some interesting reading (Band related)
Those are interesting..I want to know more about Gail and what happened. I liked the part about the ritual and making love out of a **ck.

katygal

(2/3/06 3:18 pm)
ezSupporter

Part III. Breakfast - and a rare insight into the life of a "groupie."

Terry D.

M click on that link for the rest of the stories.. Trust me..Its interesting..And this writer is amazing.

cornflower6911

(2/3/06 4:08 pm)
This is truly amazing Chel

katygal

(2/3/06 4:20 pm)
ezSupporter

I know!! I'm addicted to finishing all the parts.
Wait til you get to part X

Edited by: katygal at: 2/3/06 4:22 pm

cornflower6911

(2/3/06 4:22 pm)
Me too!!

Are you putting more up? Or should I just proceed to the motherlode?

katygal

(2/3/06 4:49 pm)
ezSupporter

Yeah you should probably just go to the link to get the rest. I don't think I feel comfortable posting all the stories here. Although they really are not explicit. Mostly its a mystery rather than a story of sex. Its suggestive..Thats a good word to describe it.

The LUVA
::Administrator::

(2/3/06 5:18 pm)
ezSupporter

HEy! Where is the rest, now you have me addicted!

The LUVA

(2/3/06 5:22 pm)
ezSupporter

nevermind! I missed the link at the top.

katygal

(2/3/06 5:29 pm)
ezSupporter

Oh Lord!! Since Ive had TWO requests now and one by the webmistress then here goes it.

Part IV: Sex at last - of a sort.

Terry D.

The Rest of the story (link)

Edited by: katygal at: 2/3/06 5:32 pm

The LUVA

(2/3/06 5:36 pm)
ezSupporter

I read through his original thread, the story is actually true and he married the girl who showed up on NYE.

katygal

(2/3/06 5:44 pm)
ezSupporter

WOW!! Thats really cool! Because his life was getting miserable as the events unfolded..Like no matter how good he tried to be..he was getting stabbed at every turn.

Phoenix

(2/3/06 6:28 pm)
He's a very good writer. Thanks for posting that.

cornflower6911

(2/4/06 11:40 pm)
Wow, Chel, I finished it. Thank you for posting it.

AnitaBZ247

(2/5/06 11:21 am)
Reply | Edit
ezSupporter

Thanks for posting that Chel. He is a great writer and I really enjoyed it. I too read through the entire story and I'm glad I did.

AnitaBZ247

(2/6/06 4:06 pm)
Reply | Edit
ezSupporter

Here's a funny little post-script to Terry's story:

I think maybe it would be appropriate on this thread to just make a little PSA (public service announcement) on the dangers of publishing autobiographical material containing personal details of those still living.

I met a lot of groupies back in the day, so I guess it was inevitable that after "publishing" my groupie story one of them would find her way to HC Forums.

THIS is the result.

And I'm sure there's more to come.

But don't freak out, nobody's gonna boil a bunny or anything, everything's cool. Kate's just having a little fun with me and I guess I owe her that, considering what I did to her.

Stay tuned.

Terry D.
----------------------------------------------------------
Embarrassing video clip I found.....need a host
I found a potentially embarrassing video clip that I think you all would find interesting....but I need a server to host it on.

Anyone here that could help me with that????

Thanks,
Kitty
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad Kitty!

Terry D.
Oh come on now....you know I am a good Kitty!!!!
She's got nothin', she's just rattlin' your cages.

The Kitty I knew had a hard time hooking up stereo speakers. She's just trying to sweat me, probably.

Terry D.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok....sorry I am a bit computer challenged!

But here it is! It was from 1983 when T. was a star and we were together

Sorry for the poor quality, but I have fondly watched it over and over and had to transfer it to digital.

Awwww the sweet memories
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh-oh.

KATE!!!

T.

No worries, my love!!!!!!

It will only be embarrassing because of the *'80's*

Night all...sweet dreams

It's supposed to be funny, OK!

Damn Kate. I wonder what I did with those topless pictures of her....

Terry D.
------------------------------------------------------------
No, he didn't post them...remember he threw them out?
But, HERE is what she posted.

Topic Commands
Click to receive email notification of replies

jump to: The Pit (New)Creative Corner (New)Faith / Religion (New)All things Nookie! (New)Trade it up! (New)Test Forum (New)The Archives (New)Parental Control (New)The Ladies Room (New)

- The Pit -