Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Members

Originally posted by mr3lions

For threads with groupies I believe stars should only be assigned AFTER pics. wink.gif

Seriously, I believe Mr. Knobs writing style alone warrants some type of 5-star appreciation.

yeah, but only if he posts ALL the pics. redface.gif

• Members

Terry, I have to say I registered with the sole purpose of telling you just how much I enjoyed your story. It was so insightful and entertaining and such a pleasure to see that there really are more "nice guys" in the world, I am fortunate to have found and married one myself and we now have 4 beautiful children together.

Good luck with your writing! As an avid reader I can tell you that I find your writing on par with many of my favorite authors.

Thanks again for posting your story.wave.gif

PS) I rated this thread a 5biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzball

His work really was amazing wasent it. Maybe that is why many others did not bother (they don't want to look bad).biggrin.gif

That's a shame, if they want to write they shouldn't let that hold them back. Every author is uniquely different and no one should try to compare themselves to others. As I said I'm an avid reader and I have several favorite authors, most of whom are quite different.

• Moderators

Originally posted by RockGirl

Terry, I have to say I registered with the sole purpose of telling you just how much I enjoyed your story. It was so insightful and entertaining and such a pleasure to see that there really are more "nice guys" in the world, I am fortunate to have found and married one myself and we now have 4 beautiful children together.

Good luck with your writing! As an avid reader I can tell you that I find your writing on par with many of my favorite authors.

Thanks again for posting your story.wave.gif

PS) I rated this thread a 5biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the story and comment on it. smile.gif

Your encouragement means a lot to me, as my day job forces me to write up to 10,000 words/day of technical material. I find that very soul draining vs. this sort of writing, which is quite cathartic for me.

Many, many people have apparently read the story and I've received more than a hundred PMs, emails, and comments on it. Most have been encouraging (as your note is), but some border on downright hate mail. freak.gif

Just a few minutes ago, I received some particularly nasty condemnation regarding my 20+ year "age inappropriate" marriage (to the woman at the end of the story) from someone I considered a friend. How karmic and how comforting that you, a stranger, would take a moment to let me know you saw through the rougher passages in the story and found the story of love, kindness, and redemption within.

Thank you so much for your timely remarks, and congratulations to you on your wonderful marriage and children. I'm sure your success is due in no small part to your kind nature and insightful, open mind. Hearing that a reader connected with the story is what every writer lives for. smile.gif

Thanks again,

Terry D.

• Members

Thanks again

You're welcome Terrysmile.gif I think it's terrible that someone you thought of as a friend would go to such a length to send you a hateful response to your story. You obviously love your wife and the story is not disrespectful to her in any way. So just chalk his or her comment up to narrow mindedness.

Have a great day.biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Just a few minutes ago, I received some particularly nasty condemnation regarding my 20+ year "age inappropriate" marriage (to the woman at the end of the story) from someone I considered a friend.

Thanks again,

Terry D.

Was that what that was in the other thread?confused.gif Havn't you been married a while? Eh, he's probably just having a down day. You guys look pretty happy.smile.gif

• Moderators

Originally posted by RockGirl

You're welcome Terrysmile.gif I think it's terrible that someone you thought of as a friend would go to such a length to send you a hateful response to your story. You obviously love your wife and the story is not disrespectful to her in any way. So just chalk his or her comment up to narrow mindedness.

Have a great day.biggrin.gif

You too! smile.gif

And by the way, WELCOME to the HC forums. biggrin.gif

Terry D.

• Members

Just a few minutes ago, I received some particularly nasty condemnation regarding my 20+ year "age inappropriate" marriage (to the woman at the end of the story) from someone I considered a friend.

Terry D.

Names !!! We want names !!!! Vendetta !!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

• Moderators

Originally posted by brikus

Names !!! We want names !!!! Vendetta !!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

It was Joe, TheBeatButcher but we've settled our differences. mad.gif

I think maybe it would be appropriate on this thread to just make a little PSA (public service announcement) on the dangers of publishing autobiographical material containing personal details of those still living.

I met a lot of groupies back in the day, so I guess it was inevitable that after "publishing" my groupie story one of them would find her way to HC Forums.

THIS is the result. cry.gif

And I'm sure there's more to come. frown.gif

But don't freak out, nobody's gonna boil a bunny or anything, everything's cool. Kate's just having a little fun with me and I guess I owe her that, considering what I did to her.

Stay tuned.

Terry D.

• Members

It was Joe, TheBeatButcher but we've settled our differences. mad.gif

I think maybe it would be appropriate on this thread to just make a little PSA (public service announcement) on the dangers of publishing autobiographical material containing personal details of those still living.

I met a lot of groupies back in the day, so I guess it was inevitable that after "publishing" my groupie story one of them would find her way to HC Forums.

THIS is the result. cry.gif

And I'm sure there's more to come. frown.gif

But don't freak out, nobody's gonna boil a bunny or anything, everything's cool. Kate's just having a little fun with me and I guess I owe her that, considering what I did to her.

Stay tuned.

Terry D.

What did you do to her ? Some kinky stuff ? j/k

wink.gif

Sorry to hear you've been in trouble due to that... frown.gif