Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Members

I just found this thread today, and read it all with tremendous interest. I was also looking for the female perspective when BndGrl (sp) started in. Let's hear YOUR adventures!

I was a road dog 10 years ago, and I have a lot of stories, but I'm hesitant lest my writing be compared to Knobs'.

A question, too....if I do post, how graphic should I get? wink.gif

• Moderators

Originally posted by one4rich

I just found this thread today, and read it all with tremendous interest. I was also looking for the female perspective when BndGrl (sp) started in. Let's hear YOUR adventures!

I was a road dog 10 years ago, and I have a lot of stories, but I'm hesitant lest my writing be compared to Knobs'.

A question, too....if I do post, how graphic should I get? wink.gif

Don't worry about the writing comparisons, but do be careful with the language lest we kill the thread. It's a fine line, bro. smile.gif

Terry D.

• Members

Okay, here's a quick one...it was in mid '94, and we were playing a small town in South Dakota. The place we were playing was a bar, but it was attached to a cafe. While we were playing I kept noticing this young redhead walking through, and made eye contact with her a few times, but I didn't speak to her at all.

At the end of the night, the drummer and I go to a "party" with a chick, who want to get nasty with the drummer. She says her roomate didn't come out, but she'd still be up, and was always game for a party, and she'd go for me easily. We get to her place, where I meet the roomie, and I see why her friend said she would go for me. She was quite a hefty gal, not particularly pretty, and probably wasn't too picky...a band guy was probably better than she was used to. Now bear in mind that I have nothing against hefty gals, (I'm married to one, in fact) but most guys probably aren't lining up for a turn, if you know what I mean. I don't remember her name, so I'll just call her Rhonda.

Anyway, I figure I'll hang out for a while and then I'd bail while the drummer got his freak on. I don't really care for Rhonda, but she's obviously ready for me. The gals want to play Truth or Dare, and I was thinking "this is not my style" but played along while I finished my beer. What it came down to is I had to go down on Rhonda for 30 seconds, and I wasn't close to finishing the beer yet. I do my duty for the 30 secs, and then I come up for air...chug the beer, and announce that I've had enough. The girl we rode with is a bit peeved and won't drive me back to the band's motel, so I start walking.

It's a small town, so the motel isn't too far, but I'm not sure exactly which direction. I figure I could go back towards the bar, and then the direction to the motel would look familiar. I get about halfway back when a car comes down towards me and passed by. I never even looked to see who was driving, since I didn't recognize the car. It was a black '70s Monte Carlo, and after it passed it did a U-turn and came up next to me.

Driving that black Monte was the redhead I'd been making eyes at at the club. She offers me a ride, which I gratefully accept.wink.gif

She says she couldn't be seen talking to me at the bar, because she works in the cafe and isn't 21, so she can't be in the bar at all, except as she's passing through on an errand or something. She said she really liked the band, and really liked me. I thanked her for the kind words about the band and told her I'd been eyeing her all night, which she said she'd noticed. She drove us to her sister's apartment, and it turns out her sister wouldn't be home from work for the next few hours and she had a key so we could use it for a while to get accquainted.

We got very accquainted, and then we showed each other a very good time. When she dropped me off at the motel the guys had been very worried about me. It turns out that the drummer didn't have such a good time at the party after I left, as my exit made things really uncomfortable for him. The girls didn't want to "party" separately, and the drummer wasn't much interested in doubling up...Rhonda didn't trip his trigger either, I suppose.

Anyway, he got a ride back to the motel, and expected to find me there, so he could tease me about my illustrious 30 seconds, but got concerned when I wasn't.

There was a big smile on my face, and looks of envy on everyone else's when they saw my redhead kissing me goodbye outside the room. Out of the 5 of us (4 players +soundtech) I was the only one to have a good time that night. cool.gif

• Members

Great story MrKnobs! smile.gif

I liked the bit about how men want to do well but women want to look good. I know how bad that could sound but I agree. Underneath the complexities are some simple things and it rang true for me.

Anyhow it made me realise how fantastic but empty that life was and I went and told my wife how lucky I am to be with her.

I'm still writing music and will be looking for a publisher in the spring when I've finished my album.

I want different things from my career now, but it was a great read.

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by 44deluxe

I liked the bit about how men want to do well but women want to look good. I know how bad that could sound but I agree.

Well I wonder if there's a chicken-or-egg thing at play there. Women who don't spend a lot of time and money on their looks, and I mean a LOT, don't ordinarily get asked out much.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Well I wonder if there's a chicken-or-egg thing at play there. Women who don't spend a lot of time and money on their looks, and I mean a LOT, don't ordinarily get asked out much.

well, except if they have big b( o )( o )bies. redface.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

• Members

Hi Lee,

This topic's a minefield! eek.gif

I agree about the initial attracting of a mate, traditionally the succesful man gets the beautiful woman.

But, I think it's also true though AFTER that. My wife's appearance is still very important to her (not in a fussy way, but more than I care about my appearance). I also want to do well, I suppose so we can have a family and a house for us to live in.

I know lots of women who don't feel the same, but there must be some heavy duty genetic pull to act in the ways we do.

• Members

Or, to put it differently: women don't spend a lot of time on looks because they're so shallow, it's because a lot of men have a very shallow taste in women, where only looks matter...wink.gif

I guess that's true. And that can also be explained. For men it's more important to have a young (=good-looking) partner in order to be 'successful' from an evolutionary viewpoint...

• Members

Originally posted by BndGrl

I've got no shame...but I guess that's why I'm so damned much fun. biggrin.gif Now where the hell is the BndGrl apperication thread? tongue.gif

mefeathers.jpg

shirt.jpg

tmglow.jpg

This is just as entertaining as MrKnobs tale... biggrin.gif

*prints and frames BndGrl pics*

• Members

eek.gif Wow, that's quite an honor and I didn't even have to type 30,000 words. biggrin.gif

You're in a musicians' forum, which means 99.9% males. If you feel like getting back all the attention you've spent on musicians over the years this is the one place to do it.

You can hijack any thread.

You can start and end arguments.

You can ask stupid questions on purpose and not only not be flamed but also have tens of serious, dedicated answers.

You can have fans and even stalkers if you're not careful.

Here, you have power.

Have mercy on us frown.gif

• Members

Originally posted by wdeny

You're in a musicians' forum, which means 99.9% males. If you feel like getting back all the attention you've spent on musicians over the years this is the one place to do it.

You can hijack any thread.

You can start and end arguments.

You can ask stupid questions on purpose and not only not be flamed but also have tens of serious, dedicated answers.

You can have fans and even stalkers if you're not careful.

Here, you have power.

Have mercy on us frown.gif

Ahhhh yes, the power of the almighty boob it is indeed undeniable. I will try to use my powers only for good not evil...

...for a change. tongue.gif

• Moderators

eek.gif Wow, that's quite an honor and I didn't even have to type 30,000 words. biggrin.gif

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a boob picture is worth thirty thousand, easily. biggrin.gif

Somehow, I suspect if I had posted pictures of my boobs the reaction would have somewhat different - so I'll stick with writing and playing. redface.gif

Thanks for the pics, BndGrl. smile.gif

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by 44deluxe

I agree about the initial attracting of a mate, traditionally the succesful man gets the beautiful woman.

But is the beautiful woman really going to make the successful man most happy as a mate? And vice versa? Most people just assume so, and don't think about it any further.

But, I think it's also true though AFTER that. My wife's appearance is still very important to her (not in a fussy way, but more than I care about my appearance).

I think most women feel (a lot of times through early conditioning) that if their looks go, so will their man's desire for them. And I've actually seen that happen often enough too... a guy who's been married for 20 years and his wife has gained a few pounds or stops caring so much about doing her makeup right or whatever, and suddenly the guy doesn't want to have sex with her anymore and/or starts lusting after 20 year olds.

I know lots of women who don't feel the same, but there must be some heavy duty genetic pull to act in the ways we do.

I don't think the standard for beauty is genetic - half the crap that women use to supposedly enhance our appearance didn't even exist until recently. The media has created a lot of it, and even 20 years ago the emphasis on looks above all else didn't seem to be as strong as it is now. Most people have always gravitated more toward good lookers, but would usually realize at some point that other things were more important in the big picture. Now it doesn't seem that way for many.

• Members

Originally posted by FlogRock

Or, to put it differently: women don't spend a lot of time on looks because they're so shallow, it's because a lot of men have a very shallow taste in women, where only looks matter...wink.gif

Well, I tend toward being very fond of men, so I didn't quite want to put it that way, but yeah. biggrin.gif

I guess that's true. And that can also be explained. For men it's more important to have a young (=good-looking) partner in order to be 'successful' from an evolutionary viewpoint...

Well you'd think that we'd be capable of thinking beyond caveman level by this point! And yes that applies equally to women who only want macho bad-boy guys. By not learning to look past our baser instincts we no doubt overlook a lot of people who might actually be the one that would truly make us happiest.

• Moderators

Well you'd think that we'd be capable of thinking beyond caveman level by this point! And yes that applies equally to women who only want macho bad-boy guys. By not learning to look past our baser instincts we no doubt overlook a lot of people who might actually be the one that would truly make us happiest.

The problem is, the part of our brain that attraction takes place in is much older and more primitive than the more recent part of our brain that allows abstract thought. This has created conflict between our genetic disposition to seek out females with positive child bearing features (ample breasts, wide hips, healthy, etc) and faces that look similar to our own (but not too similar) vs. good judgement and consideration of non-physical characteristics such as intelligence, loyalty, good nature, etc.

Overlay this with the not-so-subliminal messages from advertising, TV, movies, and society in general and you can understand why everyone is a mess to some degree.

If there is any doubt that the principal components of attraction are genetic, consider any of the well established studies showing babies reacting positively to symmetrical faces and negatively to asymmetrical faces.

Similarly, a woman's attraction is programmed to select the best father for her (potential) children. Hers' is more complicated than the male's strategy, since she must not only mate with the best physical specimens but also keep one around as protection for her children. Thus, women are attracted to good looks and bad boys but also stability and a good provider. Ideally, they would find this all in one person, some sort of powerful crown prince among men with dashing good looks who regularly dispenses high seminal volume while exhibiting protective behavior toward the woman and her children.

Unfortunately, this idealized man only exists in cheesy romance novels, which are sold by the metric ton each and every day to lonely housewives, spinsters, adolescents, attractive female forum moderators, and the occasional crafty man such as myself who reads them to add to his knowledge base about the female psyche.

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

The problem is, the part of our brain that attraction takes place in is much older and more primitive than the more recent part of our brain that allows abstract thought. This has created conflict between our genetic disposition to seek out females with positive child bearing features (ample breasts, wide hips, healthy, etc) and faces that look similar to our own (but not too similar) vs. good judgement and consideration of non-physical characteristics such as intelligence, loyalty, good nature, etc.

Overlay this with the not-so-subliminal messages from advertising, TV, movies, and society in general and you can understand why everyone is a mess to some degree.

If there is any doubt that the principal components of attraction are genetic, consider any of the well established studies showing babies reacting positively to symmetrical faces and negatively to asymmetrical faces.

Similarly, a woman's attraction is programmed to select the best father for her (potential) children. Hers' is more complicated than the male's strategy, since she must not only mate with the best physical specimens but also keep one around as protection for her children. Thus, women are attracted to good looks and bad boys but also stability and a good provider. Ideally, they would find this all in one person, some sort of powerful crown prince among men with dashing good looks who regularly dispenses high seminal volume while exhibiting protective behavior toward the woman and her children.

Unfortunately, this idealized man only exists in cheesy romance novels, which are sold by the metric ton each and every day to lonely housewives, spinsters, adolescents, attractive female forum moderators, and the occasional crafty man such as myself who reads them to add to his knowledge base about the female psyche.

Terry D.

I'd like to add that there's a factor often overlooked by most people and which in my opinion sets us apart from other animals, as much as we still rely heavily on instinct for many of our mating choices.

I call it spiritual empathy, but someone else may call it intuition or whatever, and the only physical evidence of its existance is a sparkle in someone's eyes that often can't be seen by anyone else but you.

I try to pay attention as I think that's how I'll find someone I can actually get along with, and not just for a short while.

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Oh, I don't disagree with any of that. It's just sad. I think a lot of effort needs to be made to reject those messages but not many people even know to put the effort in.

Heh... well none have been sold to me, I don't read that crap. biggrin.gif And I wouldn't give it too much weight in terms of thinking it says anything about the female psyche. It only says something about the psyches of females who read romance novels. wink.gif