They're using my pic, but..................

New Trail

• Members

I think I would need to see the pic. But if it was me would just leave it but maybe after the show (if this will be a gig you will do again) talk to someone nicely about it and maybe email them a better one so the graphic designer can keep it on file. If u come off like a jerk the designer will get offended. Trust me. LOL.

• Members

New Trail wrote:

A local festival that we play every year is using a pic of me (as a part of a collage with lots of other pics) on the website page for the festival, but.....it's not a very good pic of me.  Should I try to get them to change it or just live with it?

It happens.  With digital recorders, smart phones its hard not to have stuff out there that you would rather have not seen.   I did ask a friend to take down picture she posted on face book of the band that was taken a couple years ago  , because she got me from an angle that lets say was not flattering.   I sit sideways on the stage and man she nailed the angle that made me look like an oversized load lol.  I had just got done losing 20 pounds so i had a chance to kill tha photo, and had her do it for me.   I am now 38 pounds lighter than that photo .  It feels good to have shot that baby right out of cyber space.  lol

Does anyone have any stuff  on youtube that somone else posted where  you got a clam in it?   Those are real fun lol.   

• Members

Rarely are any of the pics of me that are out on the web flattering.  They say the camera adds 50 lbs .... so when you're already north of 250 lbs ... nothing good ever comes out of this.  If the whole size thing doesn't trip me up - there's the issue that my normal "face" when playing is at best this blank looking, mouth half open look.   At worst, it comes across as a scowl.   The fact that I was actually having the time of my life at the point the picture was taken - never seems to come across in the shot.  

Like the great seafaring man Popeye used to say ... "Aye am what aye am what aye am".   I've simply come to grips with the fact that I'm not the photogenic type and roll with whatever pics of me pop up out there.  

• Members

New Trail wrote:

A local festival that we play every year is using
a pic of me (as a part of a collage with lots of other pics)
on
the website page for the festival,
but.....it's not a very good pic of me.  Should I try to get them to change it or just live with it?

Trust me: few people are going to see it. fewer are going to study it. And no one, NO ONE, ibesides you is going to care of give it a second thought. Just be flattered they included your image and let it go. 

By the way, here's a picture of me at a festival 11 years ago that's on their website. Hardly flattering. I look like I just banged some smack before taking the stage. But it is what it is. 

5.jpg

• Members

Live with it.

In fact, don't just live with it - take pride that someone saw the picture and thought that it would make people want to go to the festival, so the used that photo.

So definitely live with it.

Oh, and if you like playing that festival -- REALLY, REALLY live with it and drop them a line going "Hey! Thanks for putting me on the flyer! If you ever want better pics, feel free to let me know. Looking forward to the next festival!"

Archived