Had to start a new thread...

rodclement

• Members

Could it be he was worried about liability? Patrons having too much fun might get hurt or even knock your some of your equipment over. I've seen bars were the regulars had a lot more fun when the owner wasn't there. I've also had speakers knocked over, beer sprayed on my equipment, and the usual - someone dancing in front knocks over your mic stand, which can damage speakers. I can't blame anyone for getting a little nervous when fun turns to rowdiness.

• Members

Rowdiness is people on tables and girls showing their tits! Fun is people dancing and singing...except for the one girls who got ushured to a cab by her friends.

I manage clubs for a living, if you want to control people, don't over serve them, that works but affects his register! Nothing was getting knocked over, nothing was out of hand, people were dancing and singing to a duo with no percussion...and using a Bose L1 as the PA...

Rod

• Members

teeth more so than speakers!

Which is part of the reason I suffer through the visual dorkiness and wear a headset mic. Protecting my face from drunks hitting my mic stand and the wireless freedom while playing are both very nice.

To the OP: Holy {censored}, Rod...that's just a {censored}ed up night. But I think you're right to have some standards...once things are laid out, even a cokehead can't deny a contract you can physically show him. Well, I guess he CAN, but he'll look like a moron.

Brian V.

Archived