Need vocal processor/harmonizer info please.

Bobby1Note

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VL Play and GTX also provide ability to enter the name of key and store. There is also provision to set or change the key with the up/

down foot pedals on the fly. the trade-off there is that you can't do looping with those pedals if you are using them for changing keys. I guess that is the situation where getting that $49 Switch 3 becomes useful. Also, both of those units also have stereo internal mics that can engage key information if desired, and is also programmable by threshold level. I would think that almost anything Play and GTX can do, the more expensive TC models can do. The important question here you have already asked Bobby. If a model has more features... do I need them?, can I use them?, and I would add, for how much additional money?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DrFunky

View Post

VL Play and GTX also provide ability to enter the name of key and store. There is also provision to set or change the key with the up/

down foot pedals on the fly. the trade-off there is that you can't do looping with those pedals if you are using them for changing keys. I guess that is the situation where getting that $49 Switch 3 becomes useful. Also, both of those units also have stereo internal mics that can engage key information if desired, and is also programmable by threshold level. I would think that almost anything Play and GTX can do, the more expensive TC models can do. The important question here you have already asked Bobby. If a model has more features... do I need them?, can I use them?, and I would add, for how much additional money?

That's the $64,000. question,, isn't it. I'd probably do fine with the Harmony G-XT, and that would probably be easier to wrap my head around (beginner). On the other hand, there are features that I like on the "Play" units, and they're not that much more expensive. As for the VL-2,,, that sure is an impressive unit, and I found an eBay vendor that sells them "new" for $558. Seems to me that's a heckuva good price. Very tempting.

That reminds me of comedian Flip Wilsons' character "Geraldine Jones",,,, "The Devil Made Me Do It". smile.gif

• Members

Bobby, none of them are really difficult to deal with. You really must read thru the Entire manual of whatever unit you wind up getting. Then it just requires your time going over the features and programming the specific parameters that you need for your performance. It takes a little experience with the unit to get things right for your own needs. But it all comes if you are patient, persistent and interested. These all come with presets that show off the features of each unit. you get to preview not only what it can do, but how you sound with it, and what you need to alter to make it sound exactly as you need your sound to be. That takes some time, practice and dedication to putting out the best music that you can make.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Potts

View Post

Hey Bobby

I use and old Vocalist II and love it. I might add that I use it a lot and the thing has AT LEAST 300 gigs on it. I'll use it until it dies and I have no desire for anything else. To tell you the truth if this one dies I'll simply go back and buy another one. You can check out some of the harmonies with it on my website if you want. You can find them on Ebay now for $185 like the one here. If you have any questions let me know.

Digitech Vocalist Live II

is it a smart harmonizer, meaning you plug your instrument into it and it understands your chords and progressions, or do you just set it for a certain interval? I'm pretty "green" on these things too.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I'm thinking about one of these for myself. I'm the guitar player in a cover band, and the band has very solid players, a very good lead vocalist, but no one sings backup worth a damn, and we really want to add harmonies to our sound. If we cover, Journey, Kansas, Boston, REO, Floyd, or anything like that (for examples) we really need to step up our harmony game. I'm hoping for a rack mounted, midi controlable unit with presets for each song. ( I would want to program my setlist into it... with specific setups for each song. I would be the only one singing backup, and the device would add a voice or two to mine for a full band vocal sound. I would want some amount of pitch correction if I could get it and it didn't all sound like T-Pain! I don't sing great... but I am "ok" and am looking for some help.

Voice only, no guitar stuff. as my rig is seperate, complete and a bix complex as it is. Is this doable, or am I dreaming? Would it sound ok... given a decent performance by me, or will it be awful and fake sounding? I'm just STARTING to look at this, and some of the video's look impressive, but alot of people don't like these things...

Archived