grumpy music

pogo97

• Members

I have no idea but let me know if you figure it out. I'm miserable right now. I'm on 7 gigs in 6 days and I have 2 this afternoon. I have zero desire to play today. There will be a lot of fake smiles today.

• Members

Hey, guys, I'm grumpy without gigs. After having regular weekly gigs for the last 3 years, I played my last scheduled one July 5th, with nothing in the foreseeable future. The outdoor gigs go until the end of October here, so I may get some calls as a sub, but I'm grumpy learning new tunes with no place to show them.

No "Starbuck's money," as my wife refers to my guitar earnings.

Hey, Pogo, it's all "relative," and you can shake it off! Playing music is singularly the most rewarding outlet I have. I just read that the controlled breathing required lowers our heart rates

• Moderators

pogo97 wrote:

Some family things have me annoyed and upset and I have a gig this afternoon--first gig with this particular band. How do you guys shake off the grumpies before performing?

I don't shake it off, but rather re-channel that negative energy into my playing more agressively. It is like throwing gasoline on the fire for me.

Archived