Had to cancel a gig :(

msmooth

• Members

I have played gigs with fevers/sweats; colds; sore throats; no voice and a broken finger on my right hand. Tonight I had to cancel Saturday night's gig (which is 1st for me due to any medical problem).

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and have lost much of the use of my right hand. I CAN'T PLAY THE GUITAR... this sucks.

Just venting.......

• Members

msmooth wrote:

I have played gigs with fevers/sweats; colds; sore throats; no voice and a broken finger on my right hand. Tonight I had to cancel Saturday night's gig (which is 1st for me due to any medical problem).

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and have lost much of the use of my right hand. I CAN'T PLAY THE GUITAR... this sucks.

Just venting.......

That sucks! I wish you a speedy recovery! What is the prognosis for a pinched nerve?

• Members

msmooth wrote:

Just venting.......

Very sorry to hear this. I've never had to cancel a gig, although I did have a pinched nerve (or something similar) that prevented me from playing for about a week. By the time I saw a neurologist and had various scans it had started to correct itself. But it was the scariest thing - to date. I would not have been able to play if I had booked a gig during that time.

I've played with a fever of 103/104, I've played where I had to run off stage and vomit during the songs, played with torn ligament in my shoulder, crippling arthritis and so on.

I even played the night my wife went into labour. I phoned her about midnight and she said she was fine, but by the time I got home from the club at 2:30 am I had to drive her straight to the hospital. Didn't get any sleep that night and had to gig the next day. Quite a time.

Anyway, hope you recover soon.

Archived