soiree vid

pogo97

• Moderators

consider it a paid rehearsal...actually, I would never have considered having both a piano and an accordian together, but...it had it's moment...in fact, had it been me, I would have let her carry the changes, 'reediness' actually suited the melancholy under-tone nicely.

• Members

daddymack wrote:...actually, I would never have considered having both a piano and an accordian together, but...it had it's moment...in fact, had it been me, I would have let her carry the changes, 'reediness' actually suited the melancholy under-tone nicely.

I'd have Jan (on accordion) in my band in a heartbeat. The accordion covers all sorts of territory that plucked/hammered strings simply don't. A little like having a stand-up Farfisa but more expressive. And Jan is a really skilled and outside-the-box player. We'd never played together before going up, which I would normally never even consider--but it's that sort of event.

We'll certainly be getting together again in the near future to jam or rehearse. She also plays piano and I have two uprights at home right now (long story) so two-piano jamming is a possibility.

Archived