So, about the iPad thingy....

BlueStrat

• Members

My kids chipped in and got me one for Christmas and I just have to say its changed my life. Last night at my solo gig I was able to do about 8 songs I'd never done before. They are so easy to find, load, transpose, and rehearse at home. The organization of the songs is top notch. No more flipping through papers, bulky music stands obscuring me, etc. I can find a song in about 10 seconds. And the coolest of all, someone requested a song. I told them I'd have it after a quick break. I used the venues wifi, pulled the song up, saved it, went over it with the sound off and when I came back from break I played it. Guy tipped me 10 bucks. Color me impressed.

• Members

BlueStrat wrote:

My kids chipped in and got me one for Christmas and I just have to say its changed my life. Last night at my solo gig I was able to do about 8 songs I'd never done before. They are so easy to find, load, transpose, and rehearse at home. The organization of the songs is top notch. No more flipping through papers, bulky music stands obscuring me, etc. I can find a song in about 10 seconds. And the coolest of all, someone requested a song. I told them I'd have it after a quick break. I used the venues wifi, pulled the song up, saved it, went over it with the sound off and when I came back from break I played it. Guy tipped me 10 bucks. Color me impressed.

Given the number of similar threads recently here and in the Backstage... section, some folks might benefit if you hum a few bars about what software (app or apps) you used, what site(s) had the songs, in what order you did which action, etc...

-D44

• Members

I only use ultimateguitar app right now. It does everything I need it to currently. I paid a 20 dollar lifetime fee for unlimited access. There's no trick to it. You type in the song you want, it pulls it up in several versions. You pick the one you want ( like most charts online, some are just awful) and you choose the key you want to do it in, choose the font size, and hit store. That's it. When you want to play, you open the program, hit favorites, and they're in alphabetical order. You can create sets if you want as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For backing tracks playback on iPad you can use Pauser Pro - my modest audio player.

Pauser Pro takes tracks from Music.app.
Just load backing tracks from your PC iTunes to Music and they will be available in Pauser Pro.

Pauser Pro is an audio player with the additional convenient features.
Auto pause, song’s scrolling lyrics display, crossfade and fade out.

A user friendly interface and intuitive controls make Pauser Pro an essential player for experienced musicians.
If you need the music and lyrics source, if you work on stage – Pauser Pro is the solution that will allow you to think only about your ideal performance.

Now you can try a free version of Pauser Lite.
It is a full-featured version but with the one limitation – you can’t make the Queue of more than 3 songs.

Pauser Pro in App Store
www.pauserpro.com
https://www.facebook.com/PauserPro

Regards,
Victor Kaysin, developer of Pauser Pro

Last reviews from American App Store:

The best app ★★★★★

by M.A.D.E.Y.E - Version 1.6 - Feb 15, 2014

It’s the best and seems like the only one application with most optimal set of features for sound editors, musicians and vocalist. It has autopause, adjustable fade out and cross fade – that’s the things you really need while performing everywhere – live music at restaurants or doing concerts and stage shows. The app is very stable and never failed yet! Can recommend it to everybody!!!

Depend on this app for my singing gigs ★★★★★

by JohnOSings - Version 1.5.1 - Sep 9, 2013

I have been using this app for a long time now. It ha a become my musical "instrument", so to speak. I use it for all my singing gigs, setting up playlists for each one very easily. I love the Lyrics button feature. My iPad is clipped right to my mic stand there in from of me so I can glance at the words when I need to. It takes some getting used to, but I know how to use it for a performance. Two things I could really use are: (1) the ability to select a song. and show its lyrics before starting it to play, and (2) a volume control slider on the screen. I am hoping these will be added at some later date. I really need this app. There is no other one that I know of that works like this. All in all, I am happy I have this too. JohnO

• Members

beebeegone wrote:

For backing tracks playback on iPad you can use Pauser Pro - my modest audio player.

Pauser Pro takes tracks from Music.app.

Just load backing tracks from your PC iTunes to Music and they will be available in Pauser Pro.

Pauser Pro is an audio player with the additional convenient features.

Auto pause, song’s scrolling lyrics display, crossfade and fade out.

A user friendly interface and intuitive controls make Pauser Pro an essential player for experienced musicians.

If you need the music and lyrics source, if you work on stage – Pauser Pro is the solution that will allow you to think only about your ideal performance.

Now you can try a free version of Pauser Lite.

It is a full-featured version but with the one limitation – you can’t make the Queue of more than 3 songs.

Regards,

Victor Kaysin, developer of Pauser Pro

Last reviews from American App Store:

The best app ★★★★★

by M.A.D.E.Y.E - Version 1.6 - Feb 15, 2014

It’s the best and seems like the only one application with most optimal set of features for sound editors, musicians and vocalist. It has autopause, adjustable fade out and cross fade – that’s the things you really need while performing everywhere – live music at restaurants or doing concerts and stage shows. The app is very stable and never failed yet! Can recommend it to everybody!!!

Depend on this app for my singing gigs ★★★★★

by JohnOSings - Version 1.5.1 - Sep 9, 2013

I have been using this app for a long time now. It ha a become my musical "instrument", so to speak. I use it for all my singing gigs, setting up playlists for each one very easily. I love the Lyrics button feature. My iPad is clipped right to my mic stand there in from of me so I can glance at the words when I need to. It takes some getting used to, but I know how to use it for a performance. Two things I could really use are: (1) the ability to select a song. and show its lyrics before starting it to play, and (2) a volume control slider on the screen. I am hoping these will be added at some later date. I really need this app. There is no other one that I know of that works like this. All in all, I am happy I have this too. JohnO

I think it's safe to say that you should probably contribute to the forum before spamming us.

Archived