Rack Guitar Processors?, Help

• Members

Zachman, I checked your page out and that is the monster of racks!

Thanks, I hope you find some helpful and entertaining info there. Specifically on the FAQ/Manuals/Documentation page. Cool videos and articles, manuals etc...

That rig has been in the design stage and through many different variations over the past 20+ years. I got my 1st TC 2290 back in '87 and was running a stereo setup using the TC 2290, TC 0144 foot pedal as the live controller floor board, DBX 160X compressor, Yamaha SPX-90 II, 2 Rane SM26 splitter mixers, Rocktron Hush Noise Supressor, wireless and a few other things I am sure I'm forgetting, and a couple of Boogie amps. I felt fortunate that I had come to a point that I was able to design and build the "Rig of my dreams", meaning: I wouldn't have any compromises anywhere, yet retain the ability to upgrade as I see fit without much of a hassle at all, and be able to control everything in real time, instead of re-patching everything when I wanted to switch amps or pedals, and have the most efficient signal routing chain available. I just wish it was less expensive, and large. :thu: Most importantly, I am able to get pretty much any tone I want now, simple or wildly complex, making the expensive, heavy and large con side of having this huge beast, ENTIRELY WORTHWHILE for me.

I got a lot of the routing ideas, and based equipment choices from seeing/hearing what worked for me in previous versions and avoiding what didn't work and observing what others like: Steve Morse, Allan Holdsworth, Steve Lukather, Michael Landau and others were doing.

I still use many different approaches depending on the situation. ex combo amp and pedals, head/cab and pedals and/or processors mixed or a mix of both pedals and rack processors, W/D mono rig using pedals and also using just rack processors or using a combination of pedals and rack processors, stereo rig, and W/D/W.

I am leaning toward the next project (A much smaller one) consisting of an Fractal Audio Axe-FX, stereo power amp, power conditioner, and a tuner with an Axess FX-1 footcontroller with (2) 1x12 Boogie Cabs, as my main live gigging rig (for small and regular size rooms).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would personally try and go for a used 2101/2112/2120 by digitech. I use the 2112 upgraded to 2120 specs and have been absolutely thrilled with it these past years. You can get them with a control one 10 switch foot pedal for anywhere from about 175-300$ on ebay.

• Members

I played through a digitech, I always liked it, but after about 4 months it just quit? took it back, got a new one same thing... I wont own anything digitech again.

by the way I traded the G-fore for the G-system.. I cant tell the difference, the chorus sounded better on the G-force, but the flexibility with everything on the floor in 1 unit is TITS:thu:

Archived