Will this work

• Members

Ok you guys will all be sick of me by now Im sure. Ive been on here for th last few weeks asking annoying noob questions and I think I have an idea that could stop my problems and your hairloss :thu:

Ok so my problem is, Im in two bands, one death metal and the other metalcore/melodic death and both bands have quite different tones. Im constantly messing with my tone trying to get something im happy with, only to have to start again at the next band practice with the other band

SO heres my current set up guitar--> wah-->od pedal clean boost--> Marshal Tsl 100

and heres my plan.

guitar-> wah->cleanboost-> amp preamp-> G major-> EQ unit-> amps power amp

now the question is, is it possible to get a chord so I can hook my amp up to a midi floor board that I will be using for the G major to change its channels?

plus, with the eg unit, ive seen those stereo rack eqs that have two sets of EQ and I was wondering is it possible to have it so that your entire signal runs through one side, then you switch it over to the other, so i can have one set of EQ for each band? or would it just be easier to get two eq pedals?

Also, would a BB sonic enhancer make a big difference?

thanks heaps for your help aye guys. DO you think this will work? i basicly only want a midi floor pedal that changes everything for me(except wah of course) plus i want it to be easy to change my tones, using eq set ups and the two od channels on my amp, instead of always messing with my knobs

• Members

Has a three band yeah, i was gonna get a parametric(opps i mean graphic), so i can really get that tone to a place where Im happy with it. Im one of those guys thats always tweaking and never happy so hte more the merrier id say

Was eyeing up a dual 15 band jobby

• Members

The g-major has a parametric EQ, which is far more versatile then a graphic EQ.

You can get switchers to do what you need, a GRX4 would probably be the cheapest, but like I said, it's better to just use the g-majors EQ, it's better then any cheesy graphic EQ.

-W

• Members

Ok you guys will all be sick of me by now Im sure. Ive been on here for th last few weeks asking annoying noob questions and I think I have an idea that could stop my problems and your hairloss
:thu:

Ok so my problem is, Im in two bands, one death metal and the other metalcore/melodic death and both bands have quite different tones. Im constantly messing with my tone trying to get something im happy with, only to have to start again at the next band practice with the other band

SO heres my current set up guitar--> wah-->od pedal clean boost--> Marshal Tsl 100

and heres my plan.

guitar-> wah->cleanboost-> amp preamp-> G major-> EQ unit-> amps power amp

now the question is, is it possible to get a chord so I can hook my amp up to a midi floor board that I will be using for the G major to change its channels?

plus, with the eg unit, ive seen those stereo rack eqs that have two sets of EQ and I was wondering is it possible to have it so that your entire signal runs through one side, then you switch it over to the other, so i can have one set of EQ for each band? or would it just be easier to get two eq pedals?

Also, would a BB sonic enhancer make a big difference?

thanks heaps for your help aye guys. DO you think this will work? i basicly only want a midi floor pedal that changes everything for me(except wah of course) plus i want it to be easy to change my tones, using eq set ups and the two od channels on my amp, instead of always messing with my knobs

The challenge for you is that, the TSL does NOT have a 1/4" jack for the footswitch jack. It's a 5 or 7 pin (I can't remember) DIN connector, so the relays on the G-Major won't help you. You'd need to use an RJM Amp Gizmo.

amp_gizmo_large.jpg

http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php

Forget the BBE, it will make a big difference toward making your heavy tone, skinny.

For EQ, check this out:

af173cc6eb7f4d0885cc95c0c55c955c.jpg

http://www.tcelectronic.com/TC1128

The TC 1128 is a digitally controlled analog 28-band high-performance graphical equalizer. Due to an ultimate no compromise design in the analog filters, and a unique digital control surface enabling e.g. Store and Recall of settings, the TC 1128 has been an industry standard for years, and is still unchallenged in performance.

Mono 28 band graphic EQ with +/- 12dB range, various analyzer options, store/recall of settings and connection to TC 6032 remote-head, turns the TC 1128 into a flexible EQ solution for Live and installation applications.

• Members

Can a gmajor switch 3 channel amps with 1/4" connections?

No, because it's a simple open/close latching switch jack, and most 3+ channel amps have a DIN connector for their footswitch jack, NOT 1/4". UNLESS the amp has MIDI, which the TSL does not, the G-Major will be able to switch from channel A to Channel B and that's it.

• Members

You'll have to build or buy a special cable for the TSL, similiar to the medusa cable for a bogner XTC, this will allow the g-major or similiar to switch the TSL. It is a latching switch setup, but you'll need to break it out.

The amp gizmo is very cool though, I have one myself and can't recommend it enough. I just wanted to point out that there are other optoins.

-W

• Members

No, because it's a simple open/close latching switch jack, and most 3+ channel amps have a DIN connector for their footswitch jack, NOT 1/4". UNLESS the amp has MIDI, which the TSL does not, the G-Major will be able to switch from channel A to Channel B and that's it.

DIN connector doesn't automatically mean the footswitch is momentary. It's just for convenience and a space saving measure.

TWO relays will definitely control THREE functions on an amp that uses latching switches.

Jun

• Members

So if i get a special cable made, I can use the g major to switch channels? i wont need the other two options, as the g major will do those, just need to switch channels

You just need a footswitch schematic to see which pins are used for the channel switching.

Jun

• Members

Yeah thanks i found it after alot of digging around. seems to me like it will do the trick. it cant switch the reverb on and off. what a shame I will have to use the one in the unit :p

So, you all think I should use the EQ in the G major and not buy a seperate one?

• Members

I would try the G major EQ first since it's programmable.

Completely on the other spectrum from the TC1128 if you need to tweak mid song is the Symetrix SX402, which is a decent 3 band parametric ($40-$50).

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-SYMETRIX-SX-201-PARAMETRIC-EQ-PREAMPLIFIER-RACK_W0QQitemZ330150662254QQihZ014QQcategoryZ21166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You're gonna need a footcontroller? The two Behringer FCB1010 relays can be set to momentary or latching.

Jun

• Members

DIN connector doesn't automatically mean the footswitch is momentary. It's just for convenience and a space saving measure.

TWO
relays will definitely control
THREE
functions on an amp that uses latching switches.

Jun

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that the relay jacks were TRS. After now having reading the G-Major manual, I'm sure the OP will have no problem getting the schematic for the TSL and making himself a custom cable. :thu:

Thanks

• Members

So does that mean it might work? We are talking about a Peavey Ultra Plus. Just need to know if the gmajor will work or if I will have to go to an Axxess box or something.

Possibly... :thu: Depends on you being able to get a schematic for the Peavey's footswitch jack configuration, and making a custom cable to go to the G-Major and the Peavey.

Page 20 of the G-Major manual says:

Depending on complexity of the

channel switching system on your

guitar amp you may need to contact

the manufacturer of your guitar amp

and/or a technician to get soldering

advice for optimal channel switching

setup.

At www.tcelectronic.com, support

section, we have placed various

channel switching schematics for

some of the most common amplifiers