DIY Rackshelf for pedals...

• Members

I got sick of trying to find a 1 space shelf that 1) wasn't a total piece of junk, and 2) actually fit reasonably well in my 14in rack.

I ended up going to Home Depot and buying some really nice shelf glides and making one myself. Here's the pix... Cost about $15 or so total.

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0006-4.jpg

IMG_0009-1.jpg

• Members

Yeah, that's a really well done project, man. My DIY skills probably aren't up to that (plus I (a) have a rack shelf and (b) don't use it!) but I did construct my pedalboard myself out of a 3' x 1' black melamine shelf, some little stick on pads for feet and two kitchen drawer handles. Works a treat!

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Just pick up a 12 inch ball bearing drawer slide and a piece of plywood. I used a couple of pieces of plywood screwed into the sides of the rack via the Mounting rails to mount the slides to. Attach it all together and you're golden.

• Members

You mean like this?

DSC_0246.jpg

That's smooth bro. I've found myself in need of a shelf - as you know - and am on a budget (well, NOW I'm on a budget seeing as I just bought another Les Paul yesterday!)...so this will help.

Where did you get the stickey rectangles that have the clips for cables?

• Members

That's smooth bro. I've found myself in need of a shelf - as you know - and am on a budget (well, NOW I'm on a budget seeing as I just bought another Les Paul yesterday!)...so this will help.

Where did you get the stickey rectangles that have the clips for cables?

I got those from Lowes.

In case anyone needs some I've got two pairs of patch cables like the ones in the pic for using a GRX4 on a shelf with pedals. They ended up being extras.

Archived