Which FX processors do you use?

• Members

The title pretty much says it all.

I'm building my first rack and im looking for an FX processor. Im swaying towards the TC Electronics G-Major or the Rocktron Xpression OR maybe even both.

What do you use in your racks and whats good or bad about them?

Cheers!

• Members

The title pretty much says it all.

I'm building my first rack and im looking for an FX processor. Im swaying towards the TC Electronics G-Major or the Rocktron Xpression OR maybe even both.

What do you use in your racks and whats good or bad about them?

Cheers!

Both/Either are very cool choices. :thu:

I have several the only real downside for me is that the cumulative cost is high.

TC Elctronic 2290

TC Electronic 1210

Eventide H8000FW

Lexicon PCM-80

Rocktron Intellifex

NAMMpicscropped020.jpg

• Members

Rocktron Xpression - Great unit for the price!

Eventide H3000 D/SX - Older, harder to find, & pricey.

(I love both of these!)

I never played through a G-Major, though I recommend trying either one. If you don't like it or can afford both, then get the other. Compare, contrast, & blend! If you dislike either unit ...... sell it on eBay.

• Members

I never played through a G-Major, though I recommend trying either one. If you don't like it or can afford both, then get the other. Compare, contrast, & blend! If you dislike either unit ...... sell it on eBay.

I had thought about blending the two. Any idea how i would be able to do this? id like to be able to select either the g-major, xpression or a blend of both. preferably without the use of a footcontroller.

• Members

If this is a single amp set-up: Wire the units in series, one after the other, in the effects loop. On each unit, set-up a program with no effects. When you just want a single processor, select the blank preset on the other. I know you don't want to use a foot controller but a midi controller can simplify this.

• Members

I have owned both the G major and the expression. I had so many troubles with the Gmajor so I ditched it. I also have two TSR-24S's . These are great processors though they are very complicated to learn.

• Members

+2 on the Axe-FX Ultra. I love mine. UNREAL what this thing can do.

Also owned and was pleased with:

Digi IPS-33B

Rocktron Intellifex, Xpression

TC G-Force

All worked well and had great effects for the price. Any Rocktron piece is worth the money and built like a tank. But the pitch tracking sucks. The Digi and G-Force had above average tracking and cool weird type effects. But you can't go wrong with an Xpression

• Members

Digitech GSP1101 and a handful of pedals. I like that it has cool amp modelling for smaller gigs when I can't be bothered taking (or can't fit) heads and extra cabs, some of the pre-amp effects are really good (love the SparkleDrive model) and the spacial stuff is just lush sounding. When I can, I use it in a W/D/W rig with my Peavey JSX head (and a Triple XXX head once my Radial Headbone arrives) for the dry, and a Marshall 8008 power amp for the wet signal.

• Members

I've used the G-Major and the Xpression quite a bit -- I'd definitely choose the G-Major over the Xpression though.

I've noticed that some amps / preamps seem to sound better thru one or the other...but maybe it's just me.

The Rocktron Replifex is a really nice unit as well for the money.

I just bought an AxeFX Standard a week or two ago...so all of my gear is basically collecting dust now that this sucker has replaced almost everything.

• Members

The Rocktron Replifex is a really nice unit as well for the money.

Hey Spector Dave,

+1 for the Rocktron Replifex. It's an affordable, great sounding, & easy to program multi-effects processor. I use either the Replifex or Intellifex depending on which rack system I use.

Guitar George

• Members

Pick up a Behringer FCB1010 and buy one of the UnO firmware chips to upgrade it so that you can use one row of buttons as "stompboxes" to kick on/off individual effects and still have the other row for choosing patches.

It works AWESOME.

Where do I get one of these chips?

Archived