American DJ Wave Lighting Effect

• Members

What do you guys think about this for an effect? $150 American DJ Wave Lighting Effect

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=61&TempID=2&DepartmentID=7&STRID=12532&CategorySubID=170&CategoryID=170&BrandID=0&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true

http://www.djzone.net/pg/news/lighting/american-djs-800watt-wave.shtml

I'm in a 4 piece rock band and we haven't started gigging yet...but I always like how some bands bring some of their own unique lighting props to gigs...

This effect struck me as something very cool. Since it would be used as a portable unit I was thinking about aiming it from the ground point diagonally up at the band.

Has anyone actually seen this live...you think that would look cool?

lg_AWAVEXXXX.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Isnt a new effect by any means. Originally released some years ago as ocean effect by another mfg. Forgets which brand. That versions street price was little less and also lower wattage which means lower power draw and in many cases better brightness. 800 watts is mighty high and all. Ive seen the ocean effect via other maker in action and is very nice. Havent seen aamerican dj's version of it.

• Members

What are you going to use to light the band? The effect is cool but light the band first. Those effects are nice but if that is all you do, the crowd will get very bored. I'd rather see a band with a couple of floods lighting faces than a band that has a couple of cheap effects that they over use. Also, those effects really need a hazer to really augment them. That or a really smoky bar :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What are you going to use to light the band? The effect is cool but light the band first. Those effects are nice but if that is all you do, the crowd will get very bored. I'd rather see a band with a couple of floods lighting faces than a band that has a couple of cheap effects that they over use. Also, those effects really need a hazer to really augment them. That or a really smoky bar
:thu:

Well I was thinking of using it as an extra effect that wasn't that noticeable.... I'm assuming playing a regular bar with the standard house lights(which is basically nothing) and having that on also....

You are right it could end of being cheesy if you had to look at that for 45 mins....it might end up working well if it wasn't dark and you had other light on and that wasn't really bright.

Archived