Press release

BillESC

• Members

For immediate release.

ESC has just shipped the second purchase order of Global Truss products for a Home Land Security systems contractor.

As a part of an early warning security system, ESC and Global Truss are providing a key element of a structural warning system. Bill Cronheim, President of Entertainment Systems Corporation states, "Two years of design and developement is now being deployed to enhance security systems to a wide range of corporate and educational facilities across the country." "It is expected that several thousand of these systems will be deployed over the next decade on college campus's and government contractor installations to improve the early warning capabilities and security of these facilites."

• Members

For immediate release.

ESC has just shipped the second purchase order of Global Truss products for a Home Land Security systems contractor.

As a part of an early warning security system, ESC and Global Truss are providing a key element of a structural warning system. Bill Cronheim, President of Entertainment Systems Corporation states, "Two years of design and developement is now being deployed to enhance security systems to a wide range of corporate and educational facilities across the country." "It is expected that several thousand of these systems will be deployed over the next decade on college campus's and government contractor installations to improve the early warning capabilities and security of these facilites."

Not sure whether to say well done or simply wonder why your business plays such a big part here if your just here to help out like the rest of us. I personally have a really good job confirmed for next month but I'm not sure if I'd have a reason to punt it around on here. There again, I'm not a salesman.

Rimmer

• Members

Not sure whether to say well done or simply wonder why your business plays such a big part here if your just here to help out like the rest of us. I personally have a really good job confirmed for next month but I'm not sure if I'd have a reason to punt it around on here. There again, I'm not a salesman.

Rimmer

If I score a huge gig, I'm posting about it on the drum or bass forum. I expect others to do likewise. Not to mention if he's getting contracts for homeland security type jobs, this forum isn't helping him retire on a few Colorstrips.

Congrats Bill.

• Members

If I score a huge gig, I'm posting about it on the drum or bass forum. I expect others to do likewise. Not to mention if he's getting contracts for homeland security type jobs, this forum isn't helping him retire on a few Colorstrips.

Congrats Bill.

Well said. I guess you can't expect someone from England to realize how big of a deal it is when it involves the Homeland Security.

• Members

Well said. I guess you can't expect someone from England to realize how big of a deal it is when it involves the Homeland Security.

Sure. What would an Englishman know about what it feels like when the enemy tries to land on our country's shores or have our cities bombed.

And what would they know about Terrorism after years and years of bomb attacks (around 30 years in my personal memory) by the Terrorist organisation the IRA in their own towns and cities, every week, week after month after year.

You'd have to ask an American about all that I suppose.

Rimmer

• Members

Sure. What would an Englishman know about what it feels like when the enemy tries to land on our country's shores or have our cities bombed.

And what would they know about Terrorism after years and years of bomb attacks (around 30 years in my personal memory) by the Terrorist organisation the IRA in their own towns and cities, every week, week after month after year.

Rimmer

I may be speaking out of turn here, but I think what MapexDrummer was referring to, was the size of the organization and likely scale of the contract. As nothing that DHS does is small. (Not even their screw-ups. See Katrina) I don't think he was referring to their mission. Nor do I think he was intending to minimize Englands experience with terrorism. But then again, if I'm wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

• Members

Gotta disagree with your original post here, Rimmer...I didn't view Bill's posting of his press release as a solicitation for business, though it's no doubt open to interpretation. You do a good job of moderating here...witness the recent quick deletion of a few obvious spam posts - but your response in this case was a bit overreaching, IMO.

J

• Members

Rimmer

"Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few." Epic win.

• Members

I may be speaking out of turn here, but I think what
MapexDrummer
was referring to, was the size of the organization and likely scale of the contract. As nothing that DHS does is small. (Not even their screw-ups. See Katrina) I don't think he was referring to their mission. Nor do I think he was intending to minimize Englands experience with terrorism. But then again, if I'm wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Okay. I'll just quote him again and see how it looks..

I guess you can't expect someone from England to realize how big of a deal it is when it involves the Homeland Security.

Nope. I'm pretty sure i'm going to stick to my guns. Besides. There is a lot of history of Bill using this forum for 'business awareness' that you may not be aware of. My comments on threads like this are always with that history in mind so sorry if your not aware.

Regards. Rimmer

• Members

Besides. There is a lot of history of Bill using this forum for 'business awareness' that you may not be aware of. My comments on threads like this are always with that history in mind so sorry if your not aware.

Regards. Rimmer

I am aware of it. But in the year and a half that I have been cruising this forum, I have not seen anything that I would consider as spam from him. I have seen a lot of advice regarding gear that he sells. I have also seen a lot of advice regarding gear that he does not sell. One thing that I will be very surprised to see though, is a Global Truss/ESC Homeland Security Signature series truss package. And who knows, maybe Bill will be so busy selling to the government that he doesn't have time to be a burr under your saddle any longer. And that will be a loss to us all.

• Members

I'm a regular reader and once in a blue moon poster on this forum. I've never had any direct contact with either BillESC or Rimmer. I find most of BillESC's posts to be informative and helpful. Few if any of us who participate in the HC forums are "internet virgins" - one look at BillESC's signature block makes it pretty clear that he works in the business.

Personally, I've got no issues with any of BillESC's posts - even those that make it clear he's got stuff to sell. There's been nothing I've seen that I would consider aggregious when compared to real sales spam. Personally, I would have no issues if others in the lighting biz were to participate in the forum in a manner similar to the BillESC has. I don't come to this forum to bond with folks who are fond of light - I trying to stay semi-current on pro stage lighting - and where better to hear about it than from professionals who make their living working with it. We're all grown ups who live in a world to which the concept of "caveat emptor" applies to pretty much everything - including EVERYTHING we read on the HC Forums.

It's disappointing to see a moderator make what seems to be such a personal beef with another forum participant to the level it has - in this thread as well as in the recently added "sticky". Surely posting "stickys" that call out a forum participant as a liar crosses a line far more important than a guy doing a little "infomercial" style marketing when it's made perfectly clear that he's in the business.

• Members

In my experience, most other "Pro" forums would have banned Bill and a few others after the first attempt at sales. That is not what these forums are for. That being said, it is commendable to say "hey, I just made a huge sale for DHS". It is a big deal and I couldn't imagine the hassles Bill had to land the sale. Bill deserves a some congratulations. On the other hand, many of us have observed that Bill and others that are in the business use these forums to sell their wares. I am a satisfied customer and I am hoping to continue our relationship. The thing that gets me is I know that if it wasn't for this forum, I would never have purchased anything from Bill. I was introduced to him and his company via posts here. That is what is against the current forum rules. I personally believe that Rimmer was very lax in the implementation of the rules. Bill has made many sales via this forum and that might make an outsider think that all of his comments are what's best for the OP. Just maybe Bill's comments were only to push merchandise even if a better, more suitable to the situation solution was available. I have great respect for Bill and Rimmer. I do not believe Bill would steer us just to sell stuff that he has overstock of...but if that opening is allowed to widen who knows what the next poster can do. I dont want sales info here, I would rather get unbiased info from people that use these products week in and week out.

Just ask yourself if you have ever bought anything from someone here that you would not even know of their existence if it were not for this forum. If you have then the forum has become a marketing tool. That is where the problem lies.

• Members

Rimmer

yeah you definitely took it the wrong way.. I was referring to DHS. Thanks for pointing that out Lonote. If you know a lot about the DHS, then great. I'm just saying that I wouldn't expect someone from England to know much about it since it's a US Govt Department.

Bill's obviously passionate about the lighting/entertainment industry, and I have never seen any of his posts as spam..although with all the time he spends here helping people out his company should be mentioned as a Sticky (imo). His dedication to this forum is pretty obvious, just look at all the users (especially newbs like myself) that he's educate If it weren't for helpful posters like BillESC, soundlight and others this forum would be dead and you wouldn't have anything to moderate. Users like these guys make this a "community". Just saying.. I'll shut up now Rimmer :) *runs*

• Members

Bill's obviously passionate about the lighting/entertainment industry, and I have never seen any of his posts as spam..although with all the time he spends here helping people out his company should be mentioned as a Sticky (imo). His dedication to this forum is pretty obvious, just look at all the users (especially newbs like myself) that he's educate If it weren't for helpful posters like BillESC, soundlight and others this forum would be dead and you wouldn't have anything to moderate. Users like these guys make this a "community". Just saying.. I'll shut up now Rimmer *runs*

Fair enough. The one thing that might have made me a little soft looking as a Mod (on this forum only I can assure you) is that I didn't actually want to lose Bill from the forum as he is a great source of knowledge. If he didn't come here then the forum probably wouldn't have the traffic that it has now. In many ways (and maybe I didn't explain it to him properly) I have wondered about removing him for a while to see if he would come back as a poster rather than a poster/salesman (or at least a lot less of a salesman than as before, or a bit of a better behaved one than he is these days). I don't know why, but I didn't think it would be good for the forum. I therefore took the line that we could both work it out by agreeing to removing email/phone number/business connecting information from his posts. The amount of times that that information has been physically removed from his signature and re-inserted by himself has been a constant source of frustration for me.

To see he's snuck in his work email address since my last check was sort of the end for me. I'm no longer willing to come here and lack the enjoyment of the forum as a communal poster under the circumstances but I do look forward to the time when I can come and talk shop with the people here without the pressures from the outside commercial world (as well as having to moderate business input) and hear another post about Chauvet or Colour strips .. Where did all the conversation go on the stage experience, the personal stories and the fact that lighting is much much more than just the equipment that is just becoming available (pricing information attached)...

Regards. Rimmer

• Members

In my experience, most other "Pro" forums would have banned Bill and a few others after the first attempt at sales. That is not what these forums are for. That being said, it is commendable to say "hey, I just made a huge sale for DHS". It is a big deal and I couldn't imagine the hassles Bill had to land the sale. Bill deserves a some congratulations. On the other hand, many of us have observed that Bill and others that are in the business use these forums to sell their wares. I am a satisfied customer and I am hoping to continue our relationship. The thing that gets me is I know that if it wasn't for this forum, I would never have purchased anything from Bill. I was introduced to him and his company via posts here. That is what is against the current forum rules. I personally believe that Rimmer was very lax in the implementation of the rules. Bill has made many sales via this forum and that might make an outsider think that all of his comments are what's best for the OP. Just maybe Bill's comments were only to push merchandise even if a better, more suitable to the situation solution was available. I have great respect for Bill and Rimmer. I do not believe Bill would steer us just to sell stuff that he has overstock of...but if that opening is allowed to widen who knows what the next poster can do. I dont want sales info here, I would rather get unbiased info from people that use these products week in and week out.

Just ask yourself if you have ever bought anything from someone here that you would not even know of their existence if it were not for this forum. If you have then the forum has become a marketing tool. That is where the problem lies.

Thanks for posting that. I hope that other people, for their own reasons, got as much out of that as I just did! Struggling for clarity and that's given me a different view...

Regards.. Rimmer

• Members

Just ask yourself if you have ever bought anything from someone here that you would not even know of their existence if it were not for this forum.
If you have then the forum has become a marketing tool. That is where the problem lies

Exactly. I come here to learn more about lighting cause I'm a total noob. I always got the funny feeling that Bill was here to sell his products (he also contributes to other lighting forums that are more "marketing oriented") and not only to give free advices, even if his contribution is huge. IMO, this forum should remain free from direct selling approach, like the live sound forum. If Bill didn't want to understand the rules, than he should be banned. I much prefer the approach of Mark from Audiopile (I didn't buy anything from either of them). Discrete and professional.

• Members

Now I'm confused.

Audiopyle has his web address in his signature so I thought I could.

Regarding my posts, I try to be fair and honest in the suggestions I make. Certainly I'll recommend products that I'm more familair with than those with which I've had limited experience.

I often mention price because I believe it is an important factor just as lumen output or weight are. If price didn't matter in the decision making process Martin's Mac 2000 would be the recommendation for most lighting questions.

I enjoy lighting and production, it has been my life's hobby and I have been blessed to make a living from it.

If asked to leave I will, but I will miss the many good friends I've met here.

Archived