Pics with the Tri Pearls from Friday night

• Members

We played at the local American Legion and the stage is set up on a triangle - getting narrower towards the back of the stage. Mirrors on each side towards the front of the stage, too. Didn't allow us to set up everything we've got but we put a colorstrip and a tri pearl on each tree in the back. Front trees had two 200b's for side lighting and two Par 38s with amber gels for front lighting. I reprogrammed everything for lower light levels to get the pearls to cut through well. Drummer is completely hidden in the "triangle of haze". It will still be nice to get some pics at a venue where we can put up the banner, pinspots and get the colorstrips side by side. I'd like to add some scanners and / or color changers next.

3578419005_238a95ea7c.jpg

3578432791_1bba882159.jpg

3579225272_25d35c66e1.jpg

3578435295_dc71b7f99b.jpg

3579223972_3cacba643c.jpg

• Members

very simple , very nice professional look..only thing I would do is beef up the front lighting or up the dimmer if you cut it any. Other then that I think it looks great for such a small stage!!

• Members

Hey thanks guys - yeah, we had to keep it pretty simple with the space we were working with. The "front" trees were set up even with the speakers and just coming back over the tops of the stacks with a low ceiling above - so you can see a beam of amber hitting our sax players face but he was standing too close to the speakers to get much. We did use 4 Par 38s with amber for the front lighting. I could increase the intensity of those some. It still gave a nice natural look - the room was absolutely dark so without those you would just be seeing our outlines. Likewise, the guys on the back stage just got the light from the 200b's so you can compare their faces to the faces up front and see the difference. I'll bring the Pars up a little more though - thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

• Members

Looks good! The Pearls definitely add a dimension to any show that isn't available any other way for these small rigs. Moonflowers will never die.

I can't wait to play with a rig that has some of these tri-pearls in it. Last time I had the chance I didn't have the time to address and program them.

• Members

wow, looks great. I'll add to the other comments that say a little more front lighting would be nice, but hey sometimes the room dictates what you can do.

The Pearls are sweet, I'm going to think about getting a pair.

• Members

Look's very nice. I think I will look into the Pearls, Me likeie..

Just keep in mind the RGB mixing has a lot of bleed over coloring vs the original color pearls that have more brilliant color esp. the yellow and orange. But most folks like the RGB mixing option better vs. just the solid colors of the original pearls. Another thing the original white pearls can cut thru a good heavy wash like in your pics, plus very mobile vs pins but pins look better with enough x 100. :lol: On my rig use 4 standard par 38's and 8 Led par

56's and 2 colorstrips and these white pearl babies cut thru just with smokers in the bar were playing at same with the pair of color pearls. No hazer here, don't need it because the bar full of smoke already. Now if I just quit hacking up my lungs when playing there. FWIW were adding a ice fogger and splash jr's for floor coloring. Think Zep's No Quarter video here's a clip. Our drummer love this effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gproUoWbTMs

Archived