CD into Board

• Members

I want to run the CD into one channel on my board. How is the best way to do this. If I go the two RCAs into 1/4 stereo plug...it comes out was some kind of weird delay..I figure has to do with the TRS on the 1/4....if I go two RCAs into 1/4 mono plug. It seems like it's missing something. Will this matter if I run PA in Mono? My A & H doesn't have tape inputs...and I know I could run it into the ST2 return. But I would like it have it on a channel strip. Any advice?

• Members
Originally posted by bpowell451

I want to run the CD into one channel on my board. How is the best way to do this. If I go the two RCAs into 1/4 stereo plug...it comes out was some kind of weird delay..I figure has to do with the TRS on the 1/4....if I go two RCAs into 1/4 mono plug. It seems like it's missing something. Will this matter if I run PA in Mono? My A & H doesn't have tape inputs...and I know I could run it into the ST2 return. But I would like it have it on a channel strip. Any advice?

Use 2 channels.2 RCA's to 2- 1/4" plugs.

• Members

Doesn't your mixer have any stereo channels? If not,just use two channels if you have them available. I always run mine through a channel,so that I have individual controls on it.

• Members

Just the ST2 return (A & H Mixwizard 16). I guessing you can't get these to sound right by running into one channel strip. Even if I am running PA in mono

Can't you just use two channels? If not,just "Y" into a single channel. It should work ok.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Can't you just use two channels? If not,just "Y" into a single channel. It should work ok.

Unless it's one of the new low impedance line driver outputs that the new players seem to be starting to use. In that case you must use summing resistors rather than a standard "Y" cable.

Archived