mackie 1604 went haywire at the gig:)

• Members

Hello all the gig we did was excellent once the pa started working right. the mixer would not work with the snake , so we connected the mixer onstage and it finally worked the subs hit real hard and everyone applauded alot it was an excellent gig and I must repeat the 5 string bass the baritone 7 string and the kick drum romped i think my amp scared all the bar tenders when i first turned it on:) hehehehehe

• Members

personally, I have had several first hand experiences with mackie boards breaking down. A much higher rate than ANY other brand I have EVER used, even the REALLY CHEAP ones.

Basically, I think the boards sound OK, but think they are built like {censored}. Just personal experience.

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

personally, I have had several first hand experiences with mackie boards breaking down. A much higher rate than ANY other brand I have EVER used, even the REALLY CHEAP ones.

Basically, I think the boards sound OK, but think they are built like {censored}. Just personal experience.

While that may be true,it doesn't sound like there was a mixer problem after all,regardless of the thread title.

• Members

Similar to:

Why do my UPA's for monitors don't want to make usable volume? Pull the inserts, work just fine, repatch the inserts and realize that the crossrented eq's (4ch of 12) have modified pin 3 hot outputs?

(That and to put the console in aux mode instead of group mode :eek: )

• Members

There were 2 channels not working on the mixer earlier in the day so I thought that I would use the other channels etc.....

but, when we started hooking it all up some other channels went out actuaaly all of them while connected to the snake , so we took the board to the stage and flicked the switch about 20 to 30 times and enough channels came on that we needed so we jammed it out after a short soundcheck the subs kicked ass:)

KYC

• Members
Originally posted by PrimordialOoze

There were 2 channels not working on the mixer earlier in the day so I thought that I would use the other channels etc.....

but, when we started hooking it all up some other channels went out actuaaly all of them while connected to the snake , so we took the board to the stage and flicked the switch about 20 to 30 times and enough channels came on that we needed so we jammed it out after a short soundcheck the subs kicked ass:)

KYC

ell,maybe it was a mixer problem after all,now that you've mentioned more. And what's the deal with mentioning the subs all the time? Did you get new ones or something?

• Members

we rented some subs:) these http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=29&cat=2&id=126 and another power amp and crossover.. It had been a while since we have played through some subs correctly powered. The low-end that we are pushing really worked well with the subs.. all the people really cheered us on, very full sounding, It really thrilled me:)

I am going to put the mixer in the shop just as soon as this Hurricane hits:)

Later

KILLYOURCOMPUTER

Archived