Peavey DECA 1200

• Members

I just ran across one of these amps in a pawn shop. I had completely forgotten about the DECA line of digital amps Peavey had several years ago. Apparently everyone else has too, since a search in this forum turned up nada.

What's the general opinion on these things? Were they ever any good? Would one be any good now? And what would be a fair price for a DECA 1200?

• Members

They were an early attempt at class D topology and very advanced for the time. Be sure that it is a working unit as they can be expensive to repair if they are still supported.

Actually, you will want to call Peavey to be sure they are still supported... just a quick thought.

• Members

Unalaska,

I bought a used 724 in 2002. Sent it to Peavey(MS) for a refrib. $54.94 plus shipping. Works like a champ! Talk to max@peavey.com or Aubrey afulton@peavey.com. then it all depends on the pawn price. I remember Max saying that the circuit boards were a bit difficult...

I think I saw a DECA 1200 sell for $300 on ebay recently.

Best,

Michael

• Members

I still have a DECA 1200 that works perfectly. I did have one channel go down many years ago, and it was repaired by PV at what seemed like a reasonable cost. Never had any problems with it since, but it's not seen a lot of consistent use either.

It's in a rack in the garage. I'm thinking about ebaying it sometime (along with a BUNCH of other unused equipment).

Quote: "I think I saw a DECA 1200 sell for $300 on ebay recently."

I'd sure take $300 for mine.

• Members

Well the sevice guy at American Music in seattle was a total failure. I asked him to fix this amp and he said he'd call me back. So I wait, call him back in a month (I don't need the amp and I wouldn't use it in any of my rigs cuz I don't trust the amp). He says he's waiting for a call back from PV. Great call me when you hear something. I call him in another month,"Oh yeah, sorry, they said it would be like 150 bucks but I waiting for them to get back to me to see if I should ship the module or the whole amp"

OK call in another month,"Yeah dude, I was wating for you to call me to see if you wanted it fixed" I reminded him of the last conversation and he said something along the lines of,"Oh, I'll call PV back then." I call a month later (now I really pissed),"You have 2 days to tell how much the repair is, I'm not waiting anymore." "Sorry dude, I didn't hear back from PV"

I took my amp, contested the charge (for looking at it) with his manager, 5 months of waiting and it still isn't fixed. That was a year ago since I bought it. I'd really like to never see this thing again. But atleast it gets used...

p

(when I get to it I'll email Max, thanx soundman. I think there are some good folks over at peavey and I hate to see a retailer screw up things for a good company.)

Archived