silly stupid power amp question

• Members

Hi, i know this is wierd, but is it ok to have a power amp on with no speakers connected, as long as there's no signal going to it? I know the amps going to be looking for a load, but if its not trying to output anything is it going to damage the amp.

• Members

just thought id post, while in danger of bein ragged upon... i got an allen and heath powerd 1KW mixer that works perfect for my needs 12ch, i run practise and small club pa for my crappy rock bands... i figure i play an accousic set and i bring the mixer and two 12in peavey monitors on stands,, bigger gigs 15s plus 4 12in monitors running off the board amps, 2 FB mixes, one for me one for everone else... (i sing and play rhythm guit), the system is expandable and awesomely cheep..... 100mm faders and a 12ch nice b0ard for under $500, with 1KW amps to boot.... i like it, board seems {censored}in awesomoe for your average mix fr0me stage loud college band for the cash, better than mackie pres and GBF!!! for my price ill take it... i'm actually a big fan, basically i traded a aux and 1 fb channel for the power amp on my current board vs the mixwiz..... i'll take it considering how broke i am!!!! love this forum BTW! !!!!!!!!!

• Members

goddamn i like these powerd boards, who doesnt need 1kw? im wondering myself.... actually im hellasolid for transferring ghettomix {censored}e... hell, im fuct.... goddamn... J

edit , im better now... goodenough.... 1KW plus my standard 1400KW monitor mix is workin fine for the la slacker parties and those vu k it places where u just crank the amp and letter go!!!! luv it... damn la for being so on top of {censored}e!

J fellin it.... ok????

luv yalll kick arse !

santa monica pier.... too late...... oh well

Archived