Best Harmonica for beginner

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm guessing your students love ya a lot, Mike...had some cool teachers (and one vice-principal) and they made for a pretty great scholastic experience!
:cool:

Also had plenty of the
other
type of teachers/principals...which gives one a certain perspective!
:eek:

Most of my students appreciate my, shall we say, unique personal style. I always treat everybody with respect (even when they don't deserve it), and never lie to anyone. So when I have to administer discipline, I rarely get a hard time from the students (the parents are another matter).

I like to joke that if the students are really bad, I'll force them to sit in my office while I play them a medley of Elvis Presley's hits. Actually, that's not really a punishment for most of them because they tend to like the old rock and roll stuff.

I am teaching one student guitar now because he needed an elective class. He's made a lot of progress in just a few months, going from never having even held a guitar before to being able to adecuately play about 7 chords.

As far as having had bad teachers/principals, I spent the first couple of my school years in Catholic school, so nuff said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Most of my students appreciate my, shall we say, unique personal style. I always treat everybody with respect (even when they don't deserve it), and never lie to anyone. So when I have to administer discipline, I rarely get a hard time from the students (the parents are another matter).

I like to joke that if the students are really bad, I'll force them to sit in my office while I play them a medley of Elvis Presley's hits. Actually, that's not really a punishment for most of them because they tend to like the old rock and roll stuff.

I am teaching one student guitar now because he needed an elective class. He's made a lot of progress in just a few months, going from never having even held a guitar before to being able to adecuately play about 7 chords.

As far as having had bad teachers/principals, I spent the first couple of my school years in Catholic school, so nuff said.

Excellent! :thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

As long as the harp is good to start with, it will sound good recorded (at whatever sampling rate).

As for choosing a harp, have a look at the songs you want to play harp on, find out the keys they are played in and pick a relevant tuned harp. When you are looking at drop tunings it is worth remembering that that doesn't mean you need a harp with a lower frequency range, and as long as you match the keys it will still fit with the guitars, though just higher in octave. Considering most harps are a fair bit above guitars to start with it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

• Members

You might look into Oskars. They've got the plastic combs for a good seal. They also have replacable reeds, and I believe the offer a tuning kit so you can either file down the reeds or build them up as needed. If Oskar doesn't have the tuning kit, some other harmonica maker does.

Archived