JBL VRX 700 system is incredible

• Members

I'm the AV guy at a small college, and we had a country act in for a show this week that brought in a VRX system- All I can say is WOW -- although they could have gotten by with half of what they brought in I was SOOOOO impressed with the system- I'm trying to get the school to by one. after 2 country act and about 3 hours of chest pounding lows and smooth mids and highs at about 100db my ears survived unscathed. I don't think the system would throw very far -(very tight and focused)- for a small venue -- it's the best sounding system I have ever heard. Anybody using it.

they were using a midas venice / drive rack 260 / crown amps-- 4 932la's and 4 918S's a side -- WOW --:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by moogerfooger

All I can say is WOW -- although they could have gotten by with half of what they brought in I was SOOOOO impressed with the system ...

I think that says it all ... when you bring in a system that's twice as big as you need it sounds much better than when you bring in only half of what you need ... doesn't really matter who's equipment it is :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by moogerfooger

I'm the AV guy at a small college, and we had a country act in for a show this week that brought in a VRX system- All I can say is WOW -- although they could have gotten by with half of what they brought in I was SOOOOO impressed with the system- I'm trying to get the school to by one. after 2 country act and about 3 hours of chest pounding lows and smooth mids and highs at about 100db my ears survived unscathed. I don't think the system would throw very far -(very tight and focused)- for a small venue -- it's the best sounding system I have ever heard. Anybody using it.

they were using a midas venice / drive rack 260 / crown amps-- 4 932la's and 4 918S's a side -- WOW --
:thu:

Meatloaf is using them for sidefill!

• Members

I've heard it's pretty awesome as well. I was going to run a demo for JBL here in the valley, but part of that was that we'd agree to purchase them at the end. Well, I just didn't have the cash at the time to do so and couldn't sell all our SR-X cabs quick enough to justify the additional outlay of $$.

• Members

Quote --rickkreuzer

I just didn't have the cash at the time to do so and couldn't sell all our SR-X cabs quick enough to justify the additional outlay of $$.

Yea - it's pretty expensive stuff -- especially for folk on a limited budget like us. dboomer is right -- but I have heard some huge systems sound pretty bad -- it helps when the tech knows his/her stuff. My small system is all eons -- 8 tops and 8 subs for fronts, and I get alot of --- that tupperware PA is really going to suck -- but after the sound check their like -- How much do those thing cost????:D

Archived