Yamaha S115V -- good deal?

• Members

There are a couple going on ebay now for pretty good prices. $200 BIN for one.

Is that a good deal? Are these decent speaker cabs?

Thank you! :D

EDIT:

This is great!

Locally I found a set, two S115Vs, two S118Vs, and stands for the 15s, with speaker cables. $750 for the whole set. Is that a good deal? Or should I try to talk the price down a bit?

Thanks!

• Members

4 speakers and stands for 750. Um, that's 182.5 (w/o stands) per speaker. Go for it. PTW, there are poles to go between the subs and tops....

ARE YOU IN THE MARKET FOR YAMAHA S115's?!? If not, then move on. If you need something along the U15 side of life then pass pass pass. If you are looking for yamaha boxes then jump on it...

• CMS Author

The 115's are a good speaker, the subs, not so good.

As with all used speakers, they aren't a bargain if the drivers are blown or marginal, or aren't original. Always try before you buy, and closely inspect. Used speakers are not a sight-unseen item unless you have a verifiably certain return option.

• Members

The set of four speakers I'm checking out is within 20 minutes driving distance so I will be going to check them out before I get them.

I am putting together my first PA ( with help from you guys! ), so I'm in the market for any kind of good deal speaker-wise.

• Members
Originally posted by mparsons

Bump for this:

Locally I found a set, two S115Vs, two S118Vs, and stands for the 15s, with speaker cables. $750 for the whole set. Is that a good deal? Or should I try to talk the price down a bit?

Thanks!

That's an average deal if they are clean,solid,and healthy. As for talking them down or not,I don't see any scenerio where you wouldn't try to get the best deal possible,w/o being a moron about it.

Archived