Crate Audio PSM12P self-powered Speaker/Monitor

• Members

I'm working on putting a small PA together in my basesment for jamming purposes. I think I would prefer to go with powered monitors and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Crate monitors. I haven't been able to find any info about these online. I saw them used online for $150 - the ad says they are 400 watts.

BTW, I don't have a mixer/amp yet either. Any feedback on a starter powered mixer would be great also. thanks

• Members

Originally posted by alan22153

I'm working on putting a small PA together in my basesment for jamming purposes. I think I would prefer to go with powered monitors and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Crate monitors. I haven't been able to find any info about these online. I saw them used online for $150 - the ad says they are 400 watts.

BTW, I don't have a mixer/amp yet either. Any feedback on a starter powered mixer would be great also. thanks

If you're looking at powered monitors you don't need/can't use a powere mixer as well. You would need/use a passive mixer w/active (powered) speakers.

• Members
Originally posted by alan22153

I have a pair of passive PSM10's. They are really good for the price. Built like a rock and the drivers and components inside look pretty healthy.

Archived