Speakon-to-

• Members

I'd make (or have Mark make) a 1/4 to Speakon cable. Something short to fit in your audio toolbox. Then I'd get one of these to connect it to an existing speakon cable (and add to your audio toolbox).

N4MMX_speakon_adaptor_cutsheet.asp

nl4mmx-37e148b19b2c4ceddfee0770250bfc16.

• Members

I have 4 of Mark's Female 1/4" to speakon adapters and they work great and are very reasonably priced, but I'm not sure he makes speakon to 1/4" male. His cables are very reasonable though and he will custom build.

Why bother with a speakon to 1/4" male? can't you use a 1/4" male to 1/4" male cable and one of these:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-NEU-NA4LG.html

It's a 1/4" female to Speakon adapter

• Members

Why bother with a speakon to 1/4" male? can't you use a 1/4" male to 1/4" male cable and one of these:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-NEU-NA4LG.html

It's a 1/4" female to Speakon adapter

I thought about that too but in the scenario described by the OP, he would be swapping out a speakon fitted amp with a 1/4 fitted backup amp. In this scenario, the OP would have a Speakon speaker cable in place (and a failed amp). For the quickest swap out, he could just replace the amp and connect a 1/4" to speakon pigtail and use a speakon barrel coupler to connect the pigtail (off the backup amp) to the existing speakon cable.

Just my opinion....:)

• Members

Yes, I make Male Speakon to 1/4" TS adaptor cables. I use a Neutrik NLT4MX-BAG cord end for the Male Speakon end, and G&H Megafoot end for the Male 1/4" TS end. The Neutrik end is stinking expensive: $10 ea. plus assembly. The finished adaptor cable will run about $15 with a few feet of 13/2 cable.

BTW: I'm not very impressed with the Neutrik NLT4MX-BAG end, especially for the high price. It's a solder connector, and the solder wells are really close together, and kind-of recessed somewhat in the body of the connector and all but impossible to get a good doo on shrink tubing the solder terminations. Also, it's easy to over tighten the barrel and break the threads on the body. Also, it's easy to break those same threads if the connector gets stepped on. All-in-all, I think it's one of lousiest, but most expensive cordends Neutrik makes. But, I think it's about the only choice out there for a male gender Speakon cord end.

• Members

I thought about that too but in the scenario described by the OP, he would be swapping out a speakon fitted amp with a 1/4 fitted backup amp. In this scenario, the OP would have a Speakon speaker cable in place (and a failed amp). For the quickest swap out, he could just replace the amp and connect a 1/4" to speakon pigtail and use a speakon barrel coupler to connect the pigtail (off the backup amp) to the existing speakon cable.

Just my opinion....
:)

Or he could just make an output panel with panel NL4 outs and banana tails. that way he could switch out the amps with a minimum of fuss and no adapters. Both amps have binding posts.

Archived