You guys cost me a fortune!

• Members

Before becoming an active member of this forum, I was happy to have the proverbial $1,000 PA system. That was 6 weeks ago. This week I bought:

Tapco MIX220 Mixer

Two Mackie M-1400i Amps (great deal on the auction site)

An Alesis PowerTrip 8 Power Conditioner

A U8-16 rack case from Audioplie (thanks Mark & Liz)

Everything I need to make a 1U Patch Bay

Two new Peavey monitor speakers

Gemini rack-mount CD player for music between sets ($50 on that auction site!)

And some other odds and ends to make transporting all of my gear much easier

The only remaining parts of my original PA setup are the mics, stands, FOH speakers, cables and speaker stands

• Members

there are two old jokes about boats that also apply to PA gear.

What's the definition of a boat? A hole in the water you dump money into.

What are the two best days of a boat owner's life? The day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it.:D

• Members

I have to echo Gary's sentiments. Before I joined the forum, I was using a Kustom Profile System One that I had bought for $100 used, a behringer little mixer and some ancient speakers. Now, roughly $3000 later, I have new FOH mains, amp, four wedges, amp, mixer, cables, blah, blah, blah and im currently shopping for subs and an elite processor unit for my Yorkie mains.

But we do sound 900x better, and maybe someday when Im not as tied down to a full-time job i could make some extra scratch running sound for local bands / events.

Huge thanks to the regulars on this forum for their insight. I never would have heard of yorkville if Mr. Poulin hadnt recommend the company.

• CMS Author

there are two old jokes about boats that also apply to PA gear.

What's the definition of a boat? A hole in the water you dump money into.

What are the two best days of a boat owner's life? The day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it.
:D

I've had boats, and both sayings apply! I'm enjoying my PA and music gear a lot more than I ever did the boating. The work/pleasure ratio of boating just doesn't come out in favor of boating being a leisure activity.

• Members

When I started lurking on this forum, I owned a Behringer mixer and Kustom speakers. They're gone now!!! As far as boating, that would take too much time and resources away from music and music gear. That's just wrong!!!

• Members

LOL. Each M1400 does have 18 LED's. However, if 7 of them are lit, the party is over. I do have the cool digital readout for line power, that must count for something?

That was one of my favorite things about my M1400. Not sure why more amp manufacturers don't put such meters on their amps. Not only are the lights cool looking, but they give you an idea of how hard you're pushing your system. Al

• Members

I have to echo Gary's sentiments. Before I joined the forum, I was using a Kustom Profile System One that I had bought for $100 used, a behringer little mixer and some ancient speakers. Now, roughly $3000 later, I have new FOH mains, amp, four wedges, amp, mixer, cables, blah, blah, blah and im currently shopping for subs and an elite processor unit for my Yorkie mains.

But we do sound 900x better, and maybe someday when Im not as tied down to a full-time job i could make some extra scratch running sound for local bands / events.

Huge thanks to the regulars on this forum for their insight. I never would have heard of yorkville if Mr. Poulin hadnt recommend the company.

I'm happy you are enjoying your system Jbutler. I heard a set of E15s last night when I brought my wife an girls to the midway (is that what you call it? or is it a fair or? Carnival? - you know with all the rides and the cotton candy and annoying people trying to get you to step up and win a prize for your girlfriend... are they Carnies? like in a Simpson's episode I recall? so is it a carnival?...) So anyway, on one of the faster rides, they had some loud dance music pumping -you know to excite the people on the ride, and of course, Al HAD TO CHECK what kind of speakers they were using (wife gets annoyed look on her face saying ''who cares'') that sound so good... well it was a pair of E15s. They really sounded nice and full for a single cabinet without a sub. I hadn't heard the E15s in a while. Made me want to go buy a pair... So anyway, lots of fun at the midway carnival fair. Take care, Al

Archived