Do you always use subwoofers? Even for small gigs?

• Members

You CAN mic the drums without subs... how much kick you can add in depends on the quality of the cabinet.

exactly...and how much air you want to move at what wavelength...Depends on your expectations too. 4 15+horn full range cabs do do a very admirable job of representing some kick drum. If you're good with your channel EQ, and maybe have a compressor you can find just the right resonance to support the kick drum enough to feel it and not tax the system. Bass guitar is even easier to support I think.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to play a small 50 seat room, and a pair of small (UP-1 or 2) Meyer w/ proper controller/eq was very full and fat indeed. Also very expensive, but considering the whole package including the lack of need for a truck, it was a
pretty cheap option overall.

• Members

There is something to be said about not needing a truck to move gear. After my ford cargo died I replaced it with an astro and am looking at getting a box van. The longer I wait the more I'm not paying in insurance/gas. Looks like I may even get thru july without needing to buy (may need to rent once or twice).
22mpg!!!

Archived