Check the finish on these cabinets

• Members

Lots of information betwen the lines... first thin MDF sandwiched in aluminum and made in China? Something goofy here. Second, the dual MF/HF horns is also goofy, and the sub going up to 180Hz is odd given the size and power bandwidth of the midrange, especially with the HPL type drivers.

IMO, this is a "pile" that's being sold as something that it's not. There's plenty that will outperform for less size/weight/hassle/cost IMO.

• Members

looks like silver spay paint. if you look close you can see bare wood in spots.

Yep, that's exactly what it is. I've used silver spray paint on wood and that's definitely what's going on there. It's not even a good spray paint job either. They would look a lot better if they were covered with anything... carpet, tolex, bedliner, etc. That paint looks horrible.

Those top cabs are HUGE too! Toting those around wouldn't be any fun.

• Members

1/4" MDF weighs about 40lb per 4x8 sheet. It would take about a full sheet to build a box that size. Add the aluminum and the driver to that.

I would agree with you, but here is the quote from the horse's mouth. (No offense agedhorse) ;)

Question & Answer Answered On Sep-25-07

Q: Greetings: Have you weighted the speakers? If so, could you please send the numbers? If not, what would you estimate the weights? Thanks, Jeff 7jk ...more

A: I will try to get a scale here in the next day or so to get the actual but estimate the Mid cabinets to be 50lbs, the woofers 38 lbs.and the gear racks...more

Archived