Active speakers?

• Members

I would suggest looking into the Yorkville Unity series! Especially the U15P which is the powered version. It is a very top of the line, amazing sounding speaker so I don't know if that is what you would be looking for, for DJing. The reason I suggest it is because you have subs already and that will work great! I use 2 U15P's with 4 EAW LA400s center clustered and it works amazingly!

Phil Lewandowski!

P.S. They run about $1300 a piece... Not Bad....

Thanks for your input.

• Members

Budget 1200$

been considering the JBL EON 15G2

I need something to match my Yorkiville Pulse PW 600 watt sub got a pair of YX15P but little light on SPL so these will go to monitor duties.

Heard NX series were decent but our Yorkie dealer doesn't have any in stock and can only oder can't preview them. NX350 seems nice how would they compare against the Eons.

Will be micing out combo amps, di'ed bass and 3 vocals and a set of Roland V drums mix through a Peavey RQ2314 mixer.

I use PRX 512's with PRX subs for mains and EON 15G2s for monitors. I have no problem with the EONs. I think they sound fine. I've never used them as mains but I wouldn't be afraid to. They have plenty of power and punch. We are a typical 5-piece club/party rock band. I've heard complaints that the EONs don't cut through as monitors in loud situations, but I've yet to find that to be true.

If you're buying them at GC or some other such dealer, you can usually gig with them and return them if you aren't happy with them.

• Members

With the City sound gig I do we use Eons as monitors, 10's up front and a 15 for the drummer, never had any complaints. I've even used a spare set of the 10's as front-fills when the feild is wider and the FOH stacks are not as closely aimed, worked like a charm!

Archived