How do you set your EQ for Peavey PR12 mains?

• Members

I'm hoping someone can help me set the EQ better on my mixer. I am running 2 male vocals and 1 female vocal thru sm58s into a Samson XM910 powered mixer into 2 Peavey PR12 mains. We are a blues band playing small bars with 75 people in the audience. We have 2 guitars, bass, and drums but only send the 3 vocals through the PA.

My PR12s are the older NON-NEO version.

The mixer has a 10 band EQ. How should I set it?

Those of you using PR12s how do you set your EQ?

Thanks for any tips!

• Members

dboomer is right, every room will have it's own dynamics. However, with that said, I find a 3/4 db cut at 1K helpful.

The PR12's really have sloppy mid-base response. I don't know if is a function of the plastic enclosure or the budget speaker. From what I've learned, the 1012 Impulse uses a "similar" (I think it's the same) enclosure but doesn't suffer from the same boom as the PR12. Of course, the Black Widow woffer used in the Impulse is a great speaker and can't be compared to the Pro 12 in the PR12.

• Members

dboomer is right, every room will have it's own dynamics. However, with that said, I find a 3/4 db cut at 1K helpful.

The PR12's really have sloppy mid-base response. I don't know if is a function of the plastic enclosure or the budget speaker. From what I've learned, the 1012 Impulse uses a "similar" (I think it's the same) enclosure but doesn't suffer from the same boom as the PR12. Of course, the Black Widow woffer used in the Impulse is a great speaker and can't be compared to the Pro 12 in the PR12.

3/4 of a DB?:)

Archived