S115Vs or S112Vs for Yamaha EMX5014C ?

• Members

If you look at musicians friend yamaha PA packages they pair your mixer with the 115. So I don't think you need to worry about having enough power. If you are not planning on using subs then the 115s are the way to go. If you will be using subs then the 112 might be a better choice.

• Members

I have that mixer.Let me guess a salesman told you it didn't have enough power for the 15's?It will work fine.I have the 15's for foh and 112m's for monitors.They 15's sound great,but if I had a do over it would be the 12's just for the weight(18lbs). The previous statements all have good points.As money becomes available adding subs ( even if it is one at a time) would be a nice upgrade.Good Luck!

• Members

Peders,

What are you putting through the speakers? It's hard to recommend speakers just on woofer size alone. Tell us if it's for recorded music, live music, the instruments, the type of music, the required volume, the size room and what your expectations are.

Yes, that would certainly help. :thu: Also, are you planning on using subs? Al

• Members

I've run a lot of Yammy stuff, and here it is for what it's worth:

If you're never going to get subs, go with the 115's

A much better approach is to get the 112s (in the Monitor format-- you can always use them as monitors later) and an ACTIVE crossover, power amp and subs...

Best sounding and most versatile IMHO

• Members

I noticed the EMX5014C has a separate sub out, so the active crossover part might be redundant (sorry)... wonder if you can set the sub frequencies (eg 80 vs 100hz) ??

At any rate, 350 watts is enough to push those 115's

The older 5000 series had the sub out,but I don't think these do.I have the 5014c and it doesn't have it.Mono channels have an 80hz hpf.

• Members

Peders,

What are you putting through the speakers? It's hard to recommend speakers just on woofer size alone. Tell us if it's for recorded music, live music, the instruments, the type of music, the required volume, the size room and what your expectations are.

I want to do some acoustic things (guitar/vocal), and also be able to add an additional speaker(s) in the future for band purposes (folk/blues/rock). I

Archived