Is A 100-Watt Dual Monitor P.A enough for outdoor beach party gig??

• Members

We're tight on schedule and have to supply a P.A. My friend has a Phonic Powerpack 408 in his basement and I want to know if it will be sufficient to play outdoors on a deck by the beach to play for about the 100 people. I'm not sure of the square footage we have to fill, but nothing more than 3600in^2 I suppose.

What's the general rule of thumb with regard to wattage and outdoor gigs?

• Members

We're tight on schedule and have to supply a P.A. My friend has a Phonic Powerpack 408 in his basement and I want to know if it will be sufficient to play outdoors on a deck by the beach to play for about the 100 people. I'm not sure of the square footage we have to fill, but nothing more than
3600in^2
I suppose.

You realize that's 5' x 5' ??

• Members

singer songwriter, acoustic stuff, sure. drumset, rock, blues or classic rock..probably not. Nobody's got a power amp to run the mixer into, then into the speaks. BTW, Phonic speakers too? the little 10s with piezo horn?

• CMS Author

We're tight on schedule and have to supply a P.A. My friend has a Phonic Powerpack 408 in his basement and I want to know if it will be sufficient to play outdoors on a deck by the beach to play for about the 100 people. I'm not sure of the square footage we have to fill, but nothing more than 3600in^2 I suppose.

No, that's not gonna cut it. If you have to supply the PA, rent it. I hope you allowed for this when you accepted the gig.

Archived