Budda owners/players?

DaChief

• Members

Hi everyone, here's a first post from a new finnish amateur-musician...

As the topic asks, where are all Budda-players? I already know that these are not your common and/or typical amps around, as they don't fall in any particular category. They have their own thing, and boy is it a sweet thing... I myself am a proud owner of a pre-Peavey Superdrive 80 2x12 combo and am a bit puzzled with it; should I sell it because I'm more biased towards a marvellous handmade Silver Jubilee clone, or keep it "if I happen to need it"? There doesn't seem to be any of those pre-Peavey Superdrives (80 especially) for sale, new ones are of course available for ~2600usd but they're not the same. Some differences in preamps at least, don't know if anything else is made differently. The front logo tells if it's original from Bober's time or made by Peavey; sitting budda-figure means Bober and "budda"-text means Peavey. 

Budda1.jpg

Budda2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Greetings,,, Having previously owned an early Twinmaster head, this is my second one, an all original Tweed 1x12 combo from 1995...20191210_233452.thumb.jpg.86c7d8dad50f59a3a598544f684a08b7.jpg... I installed a London Power Scaling control that doesn't suck the life out of the tone, like ALL other masters & attenuators.... I spoke with Jeff about it, & i'll never sell it.. ॐ💃

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Hoot.... Power Scaling is now very commonplace, especially in the mid to high end range, & if properly done, it's way more than simply a Master..... The London Power Scaling is simply the name of the company that supplies many amp builders with the goods!!

Budda is still around, & yes, owned by Peavey,,,, The original Tweed & other early Budda designs are stellar!!  Jeff Bober, founder, moved on to found East Amplification.....

💃