Recommendation for line mixer

• Members

Hi, I'm looking for a small mixer to work with some consumer level equipment. Right now we have a playback system that includes a DVD player, a CD player and a tape deck, all of which are fed into an amplifier with phone plugs. We've had to switch and adjust the master volume knob on the amplifier accordingly each time we want to change source, but due to a recent renovation "we", "need" the amplifier placed out of sight. Suffice to say that the current switching pallava is going to be even less practical in the new arrangement so...

I reckon the best solution is to get a small, simple desktop mixer unit. Maybe three stereo inputs (phonos) to one stereo output (again, phonos). I've considered a switcher but we really need control over the volume.

**Does such a thing exist?**

The only units i've been able to find so far are DJ units with lots of buttons, crossfaders etc and rack ears sticking out. This is for a church so it needs to be simple and I dont think such units are appropriate.

Something like this but with phono in/outs instead of microphone jacks would be *perfect*

cam3.bmp

but having difficulty finding such a product.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks again guys :thu:

Steve.

• Members

Your in a Professional sound forum, you rarely see RCA connections on any of it, itll all be balenced TRS connectors or XLR connectors

your best off with a DJ mixer,(which most are consumer) there really isnt much to it, and the crossfader can be left unassigned

• Members

your best off with a DJ mixer,(which most are consumer) there really isnt much to it, and the crossfader can be left unassigned

As I stated in my original post, this is for a church, so DJ products are not appropriate.

Well thanks to everyone who looked. If this turns up in a search in future I think I'm going to end up with this product for my needs:

http://www.artproaudio.com/products.asp?type=90&cat=13&id=71

Unless anyones got any better suggestions

Cheers!

Steve.

• Members

A small DJ type mixer is exactly what you want. True, some are loaded with buttons and gadgets, but a bare bones version will suit your needs. Try Peavey. Their mixers aren't quite as ornate as the rest. Rane's are nice but expensive. Pioneer makes some of the best, but would probably be cost prohibitive. Nice thing about most of them is that they have a gain button for balancing the signal from various inputs. Oops, scratch Peavey. No longer listed.

Archived