BOSS ME-80 power button = no click?

guitargo25

• Members

Just received a used Boss ME-80 from eBay and it's in great condition but I've never owned a piece of gear that the power button doesn't click on/off, I think it's broken and want to confirm with anyone who owns this if the button should click because this one feels odd/spongy and I think sometimes it does sort of click, so I don't want it to become a problem. I can likely easily solder/replace it if the part is cheap but IDK if it's even available, so I'm either returning it or asking for a partial refund. I paid $266 after tax. thanks. 

• Members
30 minutes ago, guitargo25 said:

Just received a used Boss ME-80 from eBay and it's in great condition but I've never owned a piece of gear that the power button doesn't click on/off, I think it's broken and want to confirm with anyone who owns this if the button should click because this one feels odd/spongy and I think sometimes it does sort of click, so I don't want it to become a problem. I can likely easily solder/replace it if the part is cheap but IDK if it's even available, so I'm either returning it or asking for a partial refund. I paid $266 after tax. thanks. 

Here's the question: does it work the way it is? If so, then it's fine. if not, replace it.

• Members

from another forum:
[I]"I own the ME-80. It’s a great multi effects Pedal.

The power button does not click. You press it, hold it for one second, then release. The pedal will boot up. The button is actually pretty clever, done that way to prevent accidental switching during use."[/I]