Gibson Historic-Very Nicely Done

Gibson29

• Members

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Collection/acoustic-custom-shop-historic

Haven’t been wowed by a guitar in ages, played some of these and I’m a convert.  Now I just need the money…

Yeah, Gibson has always played fast and loose with their specs, these are pretty close.  I think the J-35 I played weighed in around 4#, all of them very light, and each one just had that sound you’d expect from a 4-5K guitar.

spacer.png

Edited by Gibson29
  • Like 1

• Members

@daddymack -Oh, you laugh….🤣. Well, gotta admit, me too.  All guitar talk seems to be AGF or the UMGF.  there’s..what..3 guys that keep an eye on sh** here, and don’t contribute.   WHICH, I might add, I’m one.  I don’t either, so my bad.

But there’s hope!  In 5 or 6 years, someone will ask a question in THIS VERY TOPIC, STARTED BY MOI, as their first post!

Edited by Gibson29

• Moderators
On 3/31/2023 at 4:00 PM, Gibson29 said:

@daddymack -Oh, you laugh….🤣. Well, gotta admit, me too.  All guitar talk seems to be AGF or the UMGF.  there’s..what..3 guys that keep an eye on sh** here, and don’t contribute.   WHICH, I might add, I’m one.  I don’t either, so my bad.

But there’s hope!  In 5 or 6 years, someone will ask a question in THIS VERY TOPIC, STARTED BY MOI, as their first post!

Gib, I'm laughing because I've been saying that for the last three years....

We are running on fumes, zero admin support, ad revenues somehow keep the lights on, and there are a handful of moderators [4, actually] keeping the peace while waiting for the flame to be blown out.:wave:

• Thanks 1

• Members
On 4/2/2023 at 11:49 AM, daddymack said:

Gib, I'm laughing because I've been saying that for the last three years....

We are running on fumes, zero admin support, ad revenues somehow keep the lights on, and there are a handful of moderators [4, actually] keeping the peace while waiting for the flame to be blown out.:wave:

He sez 5 days later🤣. But hey, that 1942 Gibson Custom Shop J-45, Southern Jumbo, ‘34 Jumbo, Advanced Jumbo, J-35, take your pick, these are some of the best things coming out of the guitar world today.

I would encourage anyone reading to seek one out and play it.  

Edited by Gibson29

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I’ve had the J-45 and Southern Jumbo for a few months now, love the J-45, like the SJ.  Neck comfort better on the J-45, and the sound..just a lot different than the standard.  I’ll keep it, SJ will go consignment at Dave’s I think.

Martin Authentic 1939 D-18, aged, not aged, another one with a great neck, 1-11/16”, and again, sound very different than standard.  This is on the radar, but the SJ and maybe 0-18 will fund it.  If I can find one under 5K, rare but possible.