blew a fuse in Mixwiz...am I doing something wrong?

• Members

Hey all, I blew the fuse in my Mixwiz (16:2fx...not the 3)last night, and had to use one of our older boards. What concerns me is possible reasons as to why the fuse blew. I have been running just one side of the board, as it's easier for me with our other equipment to run mono. Could that have been a reason for the fuse to blow? It's been great otherwise, I'm just looking for possible reasons why the fuse blew. Any ideas? Should I not be running just one side?

• Members

running one side has nothing to do with the blown fuse. you either had a bad fuse or pulled to much through the fuse for some reason.

if it were mine i would replace the fuse and leave it powered on for a while to see what happens.

• Members

That's what I hope, that the fuse just was worn and got tired. Just was seein' if anyone else has run into any issues with a similar problem, or anything like that, in the event that it keeps blowing fuses for some reason. Of course, I didn't have any spares that size...figures. I'm checking all my equipment and getting extra fuses for everything now. Live and learn. We're just a basic weekend warrior band, and I'm still learning as we go.

• Members

only time i've blown fuses was when the neutral dropped and 250 went everywhere. there may be something wrong with the mixwiz, so when you replace the fuse and power it up for a while you will know - if the fuse blows right away the mixer has an issue. in not, then you may have had over/under voltage or the extremely unlikely bad fuse.

• Members

500mA 250V, and I think it's 5mm x 20mm, but I'm not completely for sure. I'm gonna be picking something up real soon here, if I can get off work in time to get somewhere, and I'll let you know, unless someone else knows for sure...

• Members

I guessing that the manual is referring to the 240 volt version and the higher amperage would be most likely required for the lower voltage here in the USA. (Amps X Volts = Wattage Same board should have the same wattage. If the Voltage goes down, the Amperage has to go up.) If there's a different manual for the USA, find it online. If there's only one, there may be different schematics according to the location.

• Members

Actually 315 was what the online manual said for 100-120 for the mains fuse, but I was looking in the wrong place. It says 500mA 250V 20mm on the back of the board, which is the one that blew.

Archived